Page 1 of 2
I was at one of my usual local music shop haunts this afternoon picking up a use Behinger BX 1200 bass amp I ordered. I saw this hanging on the wall. They just got it in and it wasn't even cold yet. I plugged it in and just fell in love with it. Not only does it have killer looks it sounds as sweet as any Les Paul I ever played and for the price of $150.00.

It's a RWG RM300DX LP, Made in Korea.

It has a solid MAHOGANY body, quilt top, bound set Mahogany neck with abalone inlays on a 22 fret, 24 3/4 ebony fret board, abalone bound headstock and body, G&B Humbuckers, a heavy-duty three way switch, two volumes and two tone knobs, genuine Wilkinson gold satin Tun-o-matic bridge, stop tailpiece. I do not know what the color is called but it starts out in the center as purple and fades to a dk blue which is also the color of the sides and back of the guitar.

The pics just do not do the finish justice!

I really love playing this. Can't wait to the weekend when I get to try it out at a gig.

John
that's friggin' sexy looking!

is that copper coated hardware I spy with my little eye?

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
Wow sweet deal. Have fun with it. I'm so jealous!

Rachel
Decked out with a First act cheep $30 guitar and included blue pick .
that's lovely. HNGD
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Not diggin' the purple, but it's a nice guitar nonetheless. HNGD!
MOMMY MAD 'CAUSE I MADE A BOOM ON THE RUG

Gretsch G5120 >>> ProCo Rat >>> Fender Bassman 4x10
That's one fabulous top!

Congrats!
Blackstar HT5 Combo
Jackson RR24
Epiphone Annihilation V red

Loving guitar playing since;June'09
Looks awesome!

HNGD!

Love the burst. Inlays are sexy too.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Thanks guys, The wall is actually kind of a red brown it just looks purple in the pics for some reason it might be that there was a bright red van parked right behind me when I was taking the pics. The hardware looks copper probably for the same reason but it's an anodized gold.

I never heard of G&B pups before but they have a great tone, really nice crunch to them. I never saw this color before I really wanted a RWG in Lizard burst but this finish is very different I am liking it more and more. I don't know if it's because the guitar is new to me or not but it seems like it's a lot easier to play than a lot of my guitars. It's really set up almost perfect something that really surprises me I have never got a guitar no matter what the cost or what brand name was on it that i felt was set up correctly.

John
I did some research on G&B and found out they are a Korean company that makes pups for several big brand name guitar companies. All PRS SE series guitars use G&B pups as well as Kramer and several other name brands. I have to say the more I experiment with the guitar and different amp settings the more I am liking these pups.

John
Only thing I was going to point out was the hardware. But if it looks good in person, hell yeah. Congrats.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
I think the satin gold hardware will not tarnish and it does look a whole lot better in person. In the pics it looks almost pink.

Here is a pic of the tuners that is a little better.

I actually like the anodized look I wish they would have done the same with the pup covers.

John
I'm assuming the honeymoon is over now. If you're still on the forum, mind telling me what you think of the guitar, almost a year since you bought it. I'm pretty interested in RWG at the moment and I'm searching for as much information as possible.
I owned a prs copy from them many years ago and it was a pretty good guitar for the price.
Quote by Justice4AllOne
fretz is absolutely right.
looks amazing, love the finish. And for 150 bucks... wow, you could sell the wood for that much. Great quilting on it.
Looks pretty damn sexy. How does it sound?

Edit: Opps, I was so mesmerized by the pictures that I forgot to read the post.
Last edited by Malenchanted at Aug 19, 2011,
Necro bump...

I miss Jon's shit guitar days.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
Necro bump...

I miss Jon's shit guitar days.

It seemed better to ask about this guitar maker in a thread about a guitar bought from this guitar maker, rather than making another thread that would get exactly two useless replies and then disappear forever, like all the ones I searched.
They are fairly average, I would say they are actually just below the sort of quality you get with Agile.

I played an LP copy of theirs and was left under whelmed, but they are a definite "get what you pay for" sort of thing, but the reduced prices they have listed arent really reduced prices. They are just the price, with an attempt to make them look more attractive.

John seemed like a guy with a bit of an axe to grind and would often say that things that werent brilliant were, whilst bashing stuff that had been proven to be great by lots of people. he used to be a collector of Gibsons, worth 100's of thousands of dollars, but sold them at completely the wrong time and always seemed to be a bit bitter about, understandably. Though it makes seeing why he held his point of view over certain things.

Personally I would take my 379 dollars and save it and then put it towards a PRS SE or a Tokai PRS copy as they were much nicer, though not as pretty guitars, but if you want a pretty guitar thats half decent. The RWG are fine, but nothing overly special to me.

Though the company Dillon do some very nice PRS'alikes, though you would have to find a 2nd hand one if you have a budget of about $400.

That help?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
They are fairly average, I would say they are actually just below the sort of quality you get with Agile.

I played an LP copy of theirs and was left under whelmed, but they are a definite "get what you pay for" sort of thing, but the reduced prices they have listed arent really reduced prices. They are just the price, with an attempt to make them look more attractive.

John seemed like a guy with a bit of an axe to grind and would often say that things that werent brilliant were, whilst bashing stuff that had been proven to be great by lots of people. he used to be a collector of Gibsons, worth 100's of thousands of dollars, but sold them at completely the wrong time and always seemed to be a bit bitter about, understandably. Though it makes seeing why he held his point of view over certain things.

Personally I would take my 379 dollars and save it and then put it towards a PRS SE or a Tokai PRS copy as they were much nicer, though not as pretty guitars, but if you want a pretty guitar thats half decent. The RWG are fine, but nothing overly special to me.

Though the company Dillon do some very nice PRS'alikes, though you would have to find a 2nd hand one if you have a budget of about $400.

That help?

It helps a great deal, thank you.

Judging by what you said this could potentially be a good deal for me. Idon't have a lot of money and I need a backup guitar for gigging. I've been searching ebay and I almost settled for a Michael Kelly Patriot Standard (the entry level one.) I've also found a b-stock epiphone explorer that had it's jack replaced. Also had my eye on an LP custom for a similar price but missed it.

Would you recommend a new RWg over a b-stock (but basically brand new) Michael Kelly or Epi Explorer.

Oh, and as for the 'discount' prices - I had figured as much.
Look far and wide for a 2nd hand MIK Epiphone LP STD if thats what you need it for mate.

The older MIK Epis are awesome.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
What years are you talking about?
Gear:

Fender Strat
PRS SE Custom 24
Agile AL-3100

Jet City JCA50H
Randall 2x12 wV30s
Early 00's are my favourite, mine is a 2002 Explorer and my mate has a 2000 LP, both are great guitars.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I have to say RWG is a lot better than any of the Agiles I have owned and the one I still own with Gibson 59 Classic pups, I love Agile but after playing both manufacturers over the years the RWG wins hands down. I also have a MK Patriot and the RWG is a lot better than that as well. I have yet to have a problem except for a loose jack. I rarely gig these days but when I do I bring this and my other RWG and an SX as a back up. The SX plays and sound great especially after I swapped the electronics and pups for a set of RWG G&B pups. Before you start bitching about the pups, they are the exact same ones PRS uses on their import models!! Both my RWGs are still mint and play like butter, no fret wear, no issues what so ever. I have had to replace electronics on all my Agiles. RWG is a solid guitar I would buy them all day long if I could.

I admit have been off the grid here I pop in every now and then and the post are always the SOS. I also had to stop buying guitars to keep for my collection I had to cut the collection off at 100 guitars just until I make more room. I am saving for a vintage Ferrari 308 a friend is selling me out of his collection. I have been buying and selling guitars a lot to get up the dough for the 308. Prices are so low on used stuff these days I am making a killing with reselling and repair. Scored several Gibsons LPs Studios for around $250.00 range, resold them fast and made enough to pick up a Gibson LP standard and custom to resell really made a score on the new Gibson Custom shop 59 reissue custom LP in Black Cherry Quilt. I am not going to tell you what I stole it for but I got over $5500.00 for it and truthfully I didn't think it was all that great or worth more than a couple grand. The seller was desperate for dough needed to catch up on three car payments to keep the repo man away. I felt bad low balling him but after he admitted I gave him the best offer and he might have gone lower. Cash talks very well these days! LOL At this rate I can take ownership of the Ferrari before the end of the summer just from the money I make on selling and repairing guitars in my spare time!
John

“A wise man makes his own decisions, an ignorant man follows public opinion”
Last edited by johnro6659 at Aug 19, 2011,
Pics when you get the Ferrari
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by Tom 1.0
Early 00's are my favourite, mine is a 2002 Explorer and my mate has a 2000 LP, both are great guitars.

That's funny because my friend has an 03 LP and I always thought it was a pretty awesome guitar compared to the counterparts I've played recently at the stores. Beauty neck on it and a nice set of pups
Gear:

Fender Strat
PRS SE Custom 24
Agile AL-3100

Jet City JCA50H
Randall 2x12 wV30s
Wow! That. Looks. SWEEEET! That finish looks so sexy!

HNGD
Laney VH100R, Randall KH 4x12 cab, Harley Benton G212V, ESP LTD EC-1000, Jackson Demmelition King V, LTD KH-602, Tanglewood TW170, LTD EX-50, Squire Strat, Zakk Wylde wah, EHX Small Clone, Blackstar HT-5H
Quote by johnro6659
I have to say RWG is a lot better than any of the Agiles I have owned and the one I still own with Gibson 59 Classic pups, I love Agile but after playing both manufacturers over the years the RWG wins hands down. I also have a MK Patriot and the RWG is a lot better than that as well. I have yet to have a problem except for a loose jack. I rarely gig these days but when I do I bring this and my other RWG and an SX as a back up. The SX plays and sound great especially after I swapped the electronics and pups for a set of RWG G&B pups. Before you start bitching about the pups, they are the exact same ones PRS uses on their import models!! Both my RWGs are still mint and play like butter, no fret wear, no issues what so ever. I have had to replace electronics on all my Agiles. RWG is a solid guitar I would buy them all day long if I could.

Hey, thanks for getting back to me. This is helpful too.

Which MK Patriot did/do you have? in what ways was it inferior to the RWGs?
Page 1 of 2