Let's talk about the Line6 G30 Digital Wireless System.

I just clicked 'Buy' on one today, and will have it shortly.
How many of your guys are on a wireless system, and what do you think of this unit?

I spotted this on the net: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2630548
"Interesting factoid from someone in the know at Line 6: the plastic cases are stronger than the metal".

Not sure if that is true...
(The G30 is plastic, the G50 is Metal.)

I considered going for the G50 with it's extra range, but due to it having the 1/4" to ta4f guitar to transmitter connector, I went with the G30 with it's 1/4" to 1/4" connector.

I did however see the comment on the page, from the above link, that the G50 may have a bit better response.

Not sure if that's true either...

No I don't need a wireless, just looking to have some fun with my new toy.
Last edited by BurstBucker Pro at Sep 20, 2010,
I have one of their older x2 systems..... it has been the coolest thing for the guitar and live show I've ever purchased..... have fun with it!!
TS,

How do you like the G30? I'm looking to get one and I am playing through a Maz 38. I'd really like to have a wireless, but I'm worried about it sucking out Dr. Z's tone.
"If my baby don't love me no more,
well I'm sure her sister will." -Jimi "Red House"

Gear
1983 Strat '57 Reissue
1964 Gibson ES-330
Dr Z Maz 38
Fender Pro-Junior

myspace.com/marcrobertwork
I have the G50 and love it, I think there was confusion in the Harmony Central forum... I've read that the metal transmitter on the G50 is far superior. A lot of people are having issues with the battery door on the G30 not closing all the way.

As for the 1/4" to 1/4" on the G30, I saw that as a risk of easily becoming disconnected, whether if you have it in your pocket or attached to your guitar strap. The TA4f connection on the G50 locks in place which makes me more confident when moving around on stage. The only thing I didn't like about the provided TA4f to 1/4" cable is that it was a straight plug instead of a 90 degree plug. So I bought one of these from Sweetwater right away, Shure WA304, and I ended up keeping the provided one as a back up.
I have the G30 and it is brilliant !! Absolutely love it !
Gibson Les Paul Std HB
Fender MIM telecaster MW
Epiphone ZW Les Paul
Orange Rockerverb 100
Orange 4x12
MXR ZW-44
Dunlop Crybaby
Line 6 Relay G30

www.myspace.com/arovidia

Quote by Will Swanson
Pull your scrotum out, and smear it over your walls.