I bought an acoustic B115 250 watt cab a while back and I never played it real loud until recently. Only then did I discover a whistling sound coming from my amp when I turned it up. I check the back of the amp and realized air was escaping from the extra cab output and the surrounding edges of back input panel.

I considered taping or gluing the edges to stop the sound but I am not sure if I should do this because I know the air is obviously escaping because of the pressure inside the cab, but I'm just wondering if there is any fix to this.

Thanks.
Is it the speakers that are making the whistling sound, or is it obviously the sound of air that is escaping? Because whistling or the like is usually a grounding problem or dirty power problem.
Gig Rig:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1
Crate BV120H
B-52 LS 4x12 cabinet
BBE Rackmount Sonic Max
Boss ME-50 Pedalboard
Digital Reference 2505 Wireless

I don't like BTBAM. Sue Me.

PLUR

My Solo Project
Quote by swordsofplague
Is it the speakers that are making the whistling sound, or is it obviously the sound of air that is escaping? Because whistling or the like is usually a grounding problem or dirty power problem.

No I know for a fact that it is the air escaping because I can play a note and stick my hand near the rear panel and i can feel and hear it clearly. Im just wondering like if it is safe to glue or somehow seal the gaps.
Cabinets need to be sealed to work properly (apart from any ports of course). First check that any screws etc are fully tightened and it isn't a major failure of one of the glued joints which will need some remedial action. It is best to seal the cab from the inside. Without knowing the cab I can't tell you how to get in there will either be a removable panel screwed in or you will need to remove the speaker.

Having gained access get some decorators caulk and gun it along all the joints between panels, push it into the joints by smoothing with a finger. If you use a silicone or solvent based sealant you will need to let it dry completely and vacuum the cab as the fumes can damage the speaker but decorators caulk is water based.