Page 1 of 3
I know you are out there.

Thing is, I have lived in Canada for 6 years and what always drove me crazy was the snow.

How do you guys deal with it?

What I mean is, on the first day of the year when snow would start falling I'd usually think "Oh well, that's it then..." and it would pretty much depress me for 5-6 months.

I can imagine that you guys have been born with it and don't know any better, but what goes through your mind?

This is a question I've always wanted to ask, but was too scared to.

Cheers guys.
I thought you were German and then Scottish.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Even though you live in Canada, you still make the same generalization mistake that most people not from Canada make. Not everywhere in Canada does it snow like crazy. Here in Vancouver, it rains for most of the winter, we get a couple of snowfalls a year. And I love them. When all you get is rain for a few months, then snow is a pretty awesome change.

If you guys remember the winter olympics here, snow isn't really that plentiful here :P
All hail the BaartMan.

Gear:
-Guitar
-Another guitar
-Another guitar
-Amplifier
-A few effects pedals
-Piano
-Cat
Quote by theBaartMan
Even though you live in Canada, you still make the same generalization mistake that most people not from Canada make. Not everywhere in Canada does it snow like crazy. Here in Vancouver, it rains for most of the winter, we get a couple of snowfalls a year. And I love them. When all you get is rain for a few months, then snow is a pretty awesome change.

If you guys remember the winter olympics here, snow isn't really that plentiful here :P

Yeah, you're right. BC sounds awesome, however, I think the majority of Canada is swallowed in snow.

Lucky BC'er...
I live in Quebec, in the snowiest city in the province. I like my snow. Winter is just another way to dress in style! If you dress appropriately, have good winter tires, 4 wheel-drive, it's a breeze.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
I'm glad you left, even though I doubt you ever lived in Canada based on your trollish attitude/what you've posted.

Snow isn't a big deal, in fact I love winter. Toronto gets it light anyways.
Quote by Philip_pepper
Yeah, you're right. BC sounds awesome, however, I think the majority of Canada is swallowed in snow.

Lucky BC'er...

Don't most Canadians who don't live in BC, like, not like BC?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

I feel the same way after December, until then there seems to be a good reason for the snow, which is Christmas. After Christmas I get real depressed when I realize I won't see the sun for another 3 months.
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
Quote by SteveHouse

Maybe he just lived in Edmonton.
It really doesn't snow all that much there, or at least from what I can remember from when I was living there.

Though at least they can just get on with it when it snows. The entire country shuts down here if it is even threatening to snow.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Maybe he just lived in Edmonton.

That might even make Buffalo look attractive.....

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by robhc
It really doesn't snow all that much there, or at least from what I can remember from when I was living there.

Though at least they can just get on with it when it snows. The entire country shuts down here if it is even threatening to snow.

It depends where you live. There are plenty of cities here that get assaulted with snow and cold.
Quote by Philip_pepper

Lucky BC'er...

It's really only Vancouver that deals with the rain, the rest of BC is like the rest of Canada ...cept for maybe the northcoast as well.
Anyways, living in Vancouver blows during the winter because I love snow. I love that when we barely get 10cm of snow they cancel school hah, thats what I love about Vancouver, everyone's so afraid of the snow and cancel everything for the day when it comes.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
It depends where you live. There are plenty of cities here that get assaulted with snow and cold.

You're talking about Quebec City right now. But it's loads of fun! I live downtown, it gets illuminated, it's great. Plus there's winter festival.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo

Quote by JoelTheShredder

Quote by JeanMi36
You're talking about Quebec City right now. But it's loads of fun! I live downtown, it gets illuminated, it's great. Plus there's winter festival.

I actually was. I seriously loved Quebec City the few times I went there.

whats the status on the new arena there? bring back the nordiques eh?
Snow is better than constant rain which then freezes on the streets and makes terrible ice which always makes me fall like an idiot.
Here in NS, we just got the short end of whatever seasonal stick is going around at the time. You just learn to deal with it...although I hate snow. I really do. It's just so damn cold. And wet.
URRGGGHH.
Who wrote the blood and water chapter anyway? Probably some surly dad, only child, thirty cats.
Quote by SteveHouse

I only heard praise for BC. I'd guess the rest of Canada is jealous or something.

I do hear it's expensive though.
Quote by Thrashtastic15

Fair enough, I only remember what it was like in Vancouver and Victoria. The weather there was almost as shitty as it is here.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
I actually was. I seriously loved Quebec City the few times I went there.

whats the status on the new arena there? bring back the nordiques eh?

And I love Toronto! Great city. I have fun when I need to go see a client there.

Yeah. Provincial govt' promised to cover 45% of the fees, for a new arena. Now the mayor is bending over for federal help. But I don't think a new team will be good. We'll get another team like the Oiler or the Maple Leafs. And Montreal is getting hotter, so... :/ tough situation, man.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo

Quote by JoelTheShredder

Quote by Philip_pepper
So do you guys get depressed as well?

You aren't a very good troll.
Quote by JeanMi36
And I love Toronto! Great city. I have fun when I need to go see a client there.

Yeah. Provincial govt' promised to cover 45% of the fees, for a new arena. Now the mayor is bending over for federal help. But I don't think a new team will be good. We'll get another team like the Oiler or the Maple Leafs. And Montreal is getting hotter, so... :/ tough situation, man.

Hey, don't hit a man when he's down.

I think you guys really deserve a team. If the arena gets sorted out you'll probably get one sometime in the near future considering what Bettman is saying about possibly bringing back the Jets. Don't disappoint me dude, I thought you were a Nordiques fan. You should hate the habs as much as I do.
Last edited by Thrashtastic15 at Sep 20, 2010,
Quote by Thrashtastic15

I don't mean to troll, I'm actually really serious about this.
Quote by Philip_pepper

Lucky BC'er...

Most of BC is snowy as well.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
By the time our two months of summer are over I'm sick of it. Fall is by far the best season anyway, not too warm, not too cold. By the time Fall is over (2 weeks) I'm looking forward to seeing some snow (8 months). I hate Spring.

First snowfall here was a couple days ago. Not too much and it melted right away. It's been just around 5C for the entire month so far. Below averages but its not too bad. Hell, I only started wearing a jacket today. Albeit a very thin one.

BC sucks unless you live in a valley.
Quote by Thrashtastic15

Hey, don't hit a man when he's down.

I think you guys really deserve a team. If the arena gets sorted out you'll probably get one sometime in the near future considering what Bettman is saying about possibly bringing back the Jets. Don't disappoint me dude, I thought you were a Nordiques fan. You should hate the habs as much as I do.

I followed the Nordiques to Colorado. I'm an Avs fan. But they're in the West. I'm cheering for the Habs in the East :p

I just don't think it'll be like it was during the Good Friday Brawl! But you can rest easy, I'll get my season tickets if we ever get a team
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo

Quote by JoelTheShredder

Quote by JeanMi36
I followed the Nordiques to Colorado. I'm an Avs fan. But they're in the West. I'm cheering for the Habs in the East :p

I just don't think it'll be like it was during the Good Friday Brawl! But you can rest easy, I'll get my season tickets if we ever get a team

Ditto dude on the Nordiques -> Colorado. except Leafs > Habs. 24 and you'll never win one more.

A man can hope though.
Last edited by Thrashtastic15 at Sep 20, 2010,
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Ditto dude on the Nordiques -> Colorado. except Leafs > Habs. 24 and you'll never win one more.

When was the Leafs last Cup again? 1967?
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo

Quote by JoelTheShredder

Quote by JeanMi36
When was the Leafs last Cup again? 1967?

We will win before it hits 50 years. Plan the parade.
you just deal with it, winter is never fun

winter gets pretty brutal here, and it does get depressing, it does make you appreciate summer that much more though

Quote by SteveHouse

they better not

feckers.
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by CaptainRon
By the time our two months of summer are over I'm sick of it. Fall is by far the best season anyway, not too warm, not too cold. By the time Fall is over (2 weeks) I'm looking forward to seeing some snow (8 months). I hate Spring.

First snowfall here was a couple days ago. Not too much and it melted right away. It's been just around 5C for the entire month so far. Below averages but its not too bad. Hell, I only started wearing a jacket today. Albeit a very thin one.

BC sucks unless you live in a valley.

+1 on the whole post. Mountain Valley's get tons of snow in BC and we don't lock ourselves in doors when it snows 10cm.

TS, I think you answered the question yourself. We grew up with having snow for almost half the year so we're used to it, just like in Britain, you're used to getting rained on most of the year. I was in the UK for almost 3 weeks and after the first couple days I was praying for anything but rain and I'm from a coastal valley in BC (lots of rain in the spring and summer and lots of snow in the winter).
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
You asked Canadians to all get together so you could ask them about snow and they just start talking about hockey stereotype fulfilled.
Quote by metacarpi
I'd rather post a chat up line with an escape route in case it starts going wrong.

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

*girl looks unimpressed*

"Because it looks like you landed on your face."
Quote by blu_flame34
You asked Canadians to all get together so you could ask them about snow and they just start talking about hockey stereotype fulfilled.

Quote by Thrashtastic15
We will win before it hits 50 years. Plan the parade.

You'll win the Nice Guy cup with Dion Phaneuf before hoisting Lord Stanley!
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo

Quote by JoelTheShredder

Quote by JeanMi36
You'll win the Nice Guy cup with Dion Phaneuf before hoisting Lord Stanley!

I think the habs are a lock for the limbo world championships.
Page 1 of 3