This year I'm planning on building a guitar for a 4-H project and I'd like to clone a Fender HSS Strat or Les Paul. Some stuff you might like to know:

- Im not that great of a player, I'll be building for the sake of building a guitar, not building my dream guitar.

- Im a bedroom player for the most part. I play through a small SS bass amp. No suggesting a new amp, my parents wont let me build or buy a new one.

- I play a wide variety of styles, classic rock, alt rock, pop punk, etc.

Hopefully soon I can take a trip to GC to try out different models (and maybe i'll settle on building something else) but for now, I'd like some help comparing the two and seeing which may fit my styles better. Your advice is appreciated, thanks!
I pride myself on my humility.
tip no. 1.

dont go to GC.

tip no. 2.

make it out of lego bricks.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
I'm not going to GC to buy, and no other store carries a wide variety of guitars.
I pride myself on my humility.
Well, for VARIETY tone-wise I'd say HSS or HSH is about as versatile as you can get. As for the guitar itself, I'djust go to a shop and play the heck out of the different guitars, find the one that feels best, then look that up and base my design on that. =P That's what I'm doing now, actually. XD
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Quote by Banjocal
tip no. 1.

dont go to GC.

tip no. 2.

make it out of lego bricks.

^lol
BURKLEY-MY BAND

My Gear:
Guitars
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone SG G400
POS Indiana (wtf) ripoff stratocaster
Amps
Marshall JCM 2000 TSL602 2x12 combo
so are you asking us anything about this? or just telling us about it? or just wanting to bounce ideas off us or something?

not trying to be an ass, i just don't know how to respond, cause i'd love to help!

also, this would be much better off in GB&C, do you want this moved over there?

edit- just noticed your avvy, you're already cool to me.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Last edited by conor1148 at Sep 26, 2010,