So for my Global Perspectives (Social Studies...) class we get to do a project on ANY topic. I wanted to do a Power Point-type project on the history of Heavy Metal and its roots. My teacher said that it's a good idea, but it's too wide of a topic. He says maybe narrow it down to like a few bands. What should I do?

I was thinking doing the whole thing on Black Sabbath, maybe.
My Gear:
Schecter Damien Solo Elite
Vox Valvetronix VT40 Combo Amp
Vox VFS5 5 Button Footswitch
Black Sabbath might be too small.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Write a report on the history of Varg Vikernes. Or just Black Metal in general. Easy A+.
Black Sabbath is an obvious choice and indeed an expandable one.
Do a lot of good reading, and try to stay off of wikipedia =p
I learned a lot from Ozzy's biography.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Quote by phlip999
Write a report on the history of Varg Vikernes. Or just Black Metal in general. Easy A+.

Easy way to become a social outcast.

Do it on the formation of thrash metal. Be sure to over-glorify DAVE MUSTAINE or I will find your teacher and tell him to fail you.
If your project starts with anything BUT Black Sabbath I will destroy you.

Do all the popular styles over the years, just sum them up. Go with the early stuff, to NWOBHM, to thrash, to death/black metal, to nu-metal, to metalcore, etc.

Just examples not saying you have to go for those subgenres exactly
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
To keep it more specific, I'd only go over bands up to say, 1992 or so.
Quote by phlip999

Out of all the sub-genre's in metal, BM probably has the most prominent "culture" built around it.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ