Page 1 of 2
I just discovered one of mine was today. We were in math doing our homework and he mumbled "What is this...I don't even..." and i was like "WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!" and he was like "what?" and i said "just answer me this...are you familiar with the phrase i herd you liek the mudkipz?" and he was like "yeah" and i was liek "OMGZERS". I also learned meme was pronounced meem and not may-may...which I was unsure of .
So pit, are your friends familiar with internet memes? And if so, do they ever use them?
You soooooooo embarrassed your friend in class dude
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
haha creeps
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
some of them are. how did you not know its pronounced meem though? to me it seems obvious.

I dunno may may just sounded funnier so i liked to think it was pronounced like that, even though I was pretty sure it wasn't.
Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
some of them are. how did you not know its pronounced meem though? to me it seems obvious.

I used to think it was pronounced meh-may. But then I was edumacated
i used to think it was like saying me twice...

and very few of them know any, and those that do know very little...so i dont say any so i dont look like a loser
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
Some of them with a few, only several years after they've gotten old.

Edit: Oh yeah, and none of them know what the **** 4chan or Anonymous are.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Last edited by TheBurningFish at Sep 20, 2010,
I thought it was pronounced May-m... I'm gonna keep pronouncing it my way.

Oh and some of my friends know some of them, like rick rolling and all that bullshit, but I don't think most of them know a lot of them. (confusing post)
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by Guitarist132
i used to think it was like saying me twice...

Me to... Not a whole lot of my friends know any internet meme's though.
Quote by diofan88
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Every band is a lotr metal band. Metal is like Guile's theme for Lotr.
Quote by mcjosh
Whoever thinks Japan deserved the tsunami in any way should just go away and fucking die alone.
Quote by TheReverend724
I hate when people yell "THE GAME" or "YOU LOST THE GAME" when they have no idea what 4chan is, or have even been on an internet forum

I actually learned about the game from a friend without computer access way before hearing about it on UG /
Internet stays on the internet.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Yeah my friends are aware, it's pretty funny sometimes on facebook and they don't get freaked out if I reply with a meme
Only one of my friends is, but she uses them more than I do

I can't say "what the ****?" without her immediately following up with "BOOOOOOOOM!"
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
No. My friends don't use them, neither do I. I have yet to find a single one funny, and anyone who uses one outside of the internet should be taken out and shot. The same goes for any text/internet speak. Actually saying "lol" and such like is pretty shocking...
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
I think my friends are pretty cool guys. ehyt know internet memes and doesnt afraid of anything.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Yeah, however I wish they weren't. Memes are rather, how you say, faggish

EDIT: Or, when they leave the internet, that is
Proud follower of Åkerfeldtism

P S T F I N D E R

Quote by FFTLxx
Uhh there was this guy who didn't get any of the questions in some exam so he put 2 pencils in his nose and headbutted the desk.. and died.. that's pretty stupid.

Last edited by Putrefaction at Sep 20, 2010,
No, and I wouldn't be either if it weren't for UG. It makes me feel like a jerk though, when people ask me what I mean when "doin' it for the lulz" accidentally slips out.
Quote by metacarpi
I'd rather post a chat up line with an escape route in case it starts going wrong.

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

*girl looks unimpressed*

"Because it looks like you landed on your face."
Quote by VillainousLatin
only 1 and he is only familiar with lolcats and the OVER 9000!!! one...

OVER 9000!!! is so dead.
The couple of secretly geekier ones occasionally let them leak out into the real world but we all cringe at them afterwards
What is this...I don't even is a phrase of immediate confusion. Im pretty sure someone said that oneday and decided to transcribe it into an internet forum, where its mass memefied at the Chan centers and is then redistributed to the masses for public appeal.

I keep most memes to myself or on the online, but if im with a girl who enjoys a good meme, its all going to come out.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
So by everyone's logic, quoting other media, such as games or movies, should also be frowned upon in social settings? Screw you guys, I'm going home. Hasta la vista, baby. No they can't read my poker face.
Quote by diofan88
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Every band is a lotr metal band. Metal is like Guile's theme for Lotr.
Quote by mcjosh
Whoever thinks Japan deserved the tsunami in any way should just go away and fucking die alone.
Quote by BeerBlood
So by everyone's logic, quoting other media, such as games or movies, should also be frowned upon in social settings? Screw you guys, I'm going home. Hasta la vista, baby. No they can't read my poker face.

yeah, my friends are. i currently troll the shit out of people on fb with "u mad?" pics, among others
NOPE
My friends are not very meme-savvy at all. Besides, our usage of internet speak IRL is limited to using various variations on "lol" or "rofl" in purely sarcastic ways.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
I have a couple friends who are /b/tards.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
I have suspicions that some do, but i usually just ignore it if someone says something i recognize.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Every time I see someone use a common meme rather than a properly conceived response, I immediately assume they are on the lower end of the intelligence spectrum.
A few of them know some memes (I always pronounced it mee-mees) although i'm not proud to say I hang out with people who do. It's usually the nerds D:

I only know a few myself, and I never use them.
Page 1 of 2