Page 1 of 2
This is a serious question I've been wondering about, you know that inner voice which offers you great advice and analysis of the situation I'm pretty sure we all have that, I was wondering if deaf people can hear it.

So pit, care to enlighten me on this subject?
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
How screwed up and annoying would it be if you heard someone else's voice instead of your own. Obviously knowing what your own voice sounded like Like having Rolph Harris's voice... That would make me wanna kill myself.
...inner voice?

I'm sure all schizophrenic people like you hear those voices, even the deaf ones. Don't worry

Quote by SaintsofNowhere
...inner voice?

I'm sure all schizophrenic people like you hear those voices, even the deaf ones. Don't worry

Not the inner voice:"I want you to kill people"

Like the voice that you think with, if suddenly you have been surrounded by 20 men with guns you go to your inner voice and think with him.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
...inner voice?

this^^
Quote by zgbgydug
Yes, but it's mute.

If it's mute how do they know it exsists?

Does it become a inner hand that speaks sign language?
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
If it's mute how do they know it exsists?

Does it become a inner hand that speaks sign language?

..This is possible. My final thought on the subject is a big question mark.
la de da.
I don't think they hear a voice, because they don't know what a voice sounds like. They know sign language obviously, perhaps their thoughts are relayed with sign language in their head.
I s'pose if they were born deaf, they never learnt to speak and didn't hear any voices, so they wouldn't. So they probably would see sign in their head. If they went deaf after they learnt to speak and have heard what people sound like, then yes, they probably will.
Quote by zgbgydug
..This is possible. My final thought on the subject is a big question mark.

There has to be atleast 1 deaf person on UG that can answer this.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
There has to be atleast 1 deaf person on UG that can answer this.

But a person who is deaf doesn't know what voice is. That's like if I was the only person who could see the color "Spiffle." There's no way I could ever describe it to you because you've never been exposed to it.
la de da.
It wouldn't be sign language, it'd be writing. I think in writing.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
wat. I'm not deaf and I don't even have an inner voice. I tend not to think in words.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by zgbgydug
But a person who is deaf doesn't know what voice is. That's like if I was the only person who could see the color "Spiffle." There's no way I could ever describe it to you because you've never been exposed to it.

Maybe people who became deaf can enlighten us.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by fail
wat. I'm not deaf and I don't even have an inner voice. I tend not to think in words.

+1
I generally don't tend to have an inner monologue. The ideas are conceptual and they're just in my head fully formed.
I don't imagine that it's a lot different for the deaf.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

Quote by genghisgandhi
They visualize words and signs, like a Word document

Some people don't even think with words or voices, some people think only with pictures. That's weird as.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by genghisgandhi
They visualize words and signs, like a Word document

That's annoying, what if they have a typo?

To all the people saying they dont have an inner voice, when you have to make a tough decision dont you just like sit in your room having an inner monologue with yourself weighing the pros and the cons.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Maybe people who became deaf can enlighten us.

I believe that a person who has become deaf hears a voice, and someone who has always been deaf has a "sense" of a voice. Like.. When you do something, you don't always think "click mouse," there's something in your head that.. Err.. Holy crap, I have no words for this. If you understand what I'm saying, great. If not, I tried.
la de da.
I'm deaf. Yeah I just think in terms of thoughts not words.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Do you really hear your inner voice as spoken sound of words in your head? I mean, could you describe that voice as you would with real voice?

Even if I think words in my head, they are more like written text than spoken one. And I usually don't, this is just when writing or thinking of what to say and how will it sound.
Quote by Jiggzy.UK
Some people don't even think with words or voices, some people think only with pictures. That's weird as.

To be honest, I can't even imagine thinking in words. I think in sounds and pictures, and the idea of people having an inner microsoft word is weird to me.
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
That's annoying, what if they have a typo?

Bitch, are you trollin'?
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
To all the people saying they dont have an inner voice, when you have to make a tough decision dont you just like sit in your room having an inner monologue with yourself weighing the pros and the cons.

No, because I'm not a serial killer.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

Quote by Jiggzy.UK

I've "asked" a guy this, and he said what I said in the above post. The translator guy look awkward as hell asking him, but I got an answer.

EDIT - I think in words
Quote by -Rodion-
Do you really hear your inner voice as spoken sound of words in your head? I mean, could you describe that voice as you would with real voice?

Even if I think words in my head, they are more like written text than spoken one. And I usually don't, this is just when writing or thinking of what to say and how will it sound.

That inner voice inside my head is my voice, it is basiclly me that I can talk to.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by Venice King
I'm deaf. Yeah I just think in terms of thoughts not words.

So there's no inner you that you can talk with?

Also, were you born deaf or was it caused by something else?
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Whenever I write essays and things of the like, I always think in Rod Serlings voice, simply because it feels smarter.

I Don't hear his voice, I just think in it...Let that soak in...

Its a conscious or some odd thing like that. I always assumed your head just thought something and you knew what it was. I dont think you have to hear it whether your deaf or not.
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
So there's no inner you that you can talk with?

Also, were you born deaf or was it caused by something else?

Dude - I'm joking. I'm on a guitar site. Ofcourse I'm not deaf.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Quote by cornmancer
To be honest, I can't even imagine thinking in words. I think in sounds and pictures, and the idea of people having an inner microsoft word is weird to me.

That's actually mind blowing to me. I mean, i can picture my front door easily, obviously. I can imagine a little event happening in my head. But i can't form any real thought with pictures.

What about when you're thinking deeply about mad concepts and shit, you have to think with sentences then, surely.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Quote by Venice King

I am disappoint, you have crushed my hopes and dreams, shattered them into a million pieces.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by Venice King

Successful troll is successful haha
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

I am disappoint, you have crushed my hopes and dreams, shattered them into a million pieces.

While I'm at it, you'll never be a star in the West End like you have always dreamed of.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Page 1 of 2