Freshly recorded song, looking for some feedback on mixing and guitar tones! No vocals recorded as of yet, but they will be here soon...

Here's the link to the song... it's in my band's profile.
Link

EDIT: Just finished recording the vocals to this, so check it out! I updated the link, so it'll play the new version.
Call me Michael...

Mixing
Need something mixed? Send me a PM with the details! Cheap rates, fast turnaround, satisfaction guaranteed!

Certifications:
Pro Tools HD9
Logic Pro 9 Master Pro
Last edited by TasianSensation at Oct 19, 2010,
Sounds pretty good to me (sounds better than my recordings XD). The guitar isn't too overdriven and the bass is loud enough. The drums sound sequenced but they sound very realistic if they are.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: A bunch of forced listening by my composition teacher... some great stuff by Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Schubert, Liszt...

GTA V! ... the 120th game of the franchise.
Sounds rather good to me. Might want to bring out the kick a bit more, either through just raising the volume on it or by boosting its treble frequencies a bit. Guitar tones sound pretty good, might want to cut back a bit on whatever effect you're using to get that somewhat wet sound... Is it chorus? Something like it, anyways, it sounds good, but you have a little too much of it, IMO. Otherwise, good.
Thanks. Yeah, the drums are programmed MIDI using Guitar Pro then exported into Pro Tools. I run the MIDI sequence through XPand! 2 and put each drum and cymbal on a different track to control the EQ of each one separately... Kick drum has its own, snare has its own, hi-hats have their own, ride has its own, crash has its own, and toms have their own. I was worried about the guitars distortion as that was a problem pointed out to me by others (not on the internet), and the bass being loud enough as I've had issues getting the bass to a decent level on past recordings/mixing.
Call me Michael...

Mixing
Need something mixed? Send me a PM with the details! Cheap rates, fast turnaround, satisfaction guaranteed!

Certifications:
Pro Tools HD9
Logic Pro 9 Master Pro
I'm gonna have to disagree Nashag.I think the guitar FX your using give you a great sound all your owne.IMO it makes the song.I think if turn up the bass guitar and use a real dummer you'll have struck gold.I hope you use a good singer because this tune has alot of potential.

If you'd be kind enough to check out my first recording and give me your feedback.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1363356
Just updated to song with vocals! Check it out!
Link in OP
Call me Michael...

Mixing

Certifications:
Pro Tools HD9
Logic Pro 9 Master Pro