so, i don't play electric that much, i've been playing acoustic 9/10 of the time i play guitar...i just cant play my style on electric...so i've been thinking....I want a really good ovation i've been playing, and i was thinking of waiting until christmas, sell my electric, line 6 amp and my metalcore pedal, and buy that really good ovation and a good acoustic amp.

any ideas?
Gear:
Dean Flying V
Franciscan Model A ClassicalGuitar
Ibanez Acoustic
Dean Acoustic Bass EABG
Mitchell Mu-70 Ukulele
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Korg Kaossilator
Yamaha Keyboard
Boss Metal Core
Fishman RareEarth Humbucker
Last edited by dylman06 at Sep 21, 2010,
what's the really good ovation you've been playing? the best one i've ever tried is the al dimeola model - incredible tone, fast neck.
the AE148 is very nice, compared to others with electronics it fits my style, price, and playability

i did play that ovation 12 string too...it's awesome

oh and i was thinking of getting the acoustic ag30 also, it's nice i've played the ovation through it and it sounds warm and it has a mic channel/second channel
Gear:
Dean Flying V
Franciscan Model A ClassicalGuitar
Ibanez Acoustic
Dean Acoustic Bass EABG
Mitchell Mu-70 Ukulele
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Korg Kaossilator
Yamaha Keyboard
Boss Metal Core
Fishman RareEarth Humbucker
Last edited by dylman06 at Sep 20, 2010,
the AE148 wouldn't do for me as the unplugged tone doesn't deliver, but if you like it, that's the important thing plus it sounds like you'll be playing plugged in.

the al dimeola is not a 12 string, btw - this is it, and man does it sound good!
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ovation-Al-Di-Meola-Signature-Model-AcousticElectric-Guitar?sku=513636&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=26042528