Im in need of a good wireless system that not super exspensive, around 100$ USD

Need it for shows and whatnot.

I was looking at a used Sndtech St 7000gw, Anyone had one or anything similar?
Guitars:
Schecter Omen Extreme FR w/ SD Blackouts AHB-2
Epi LP 100
Epi LP Special II

Amps:
Randall RG100 Head
carvin x100b head
Carvin x100b 412
Fender FM412 Cab
yeaaah, saving isnt an option. and I heard that UHF picks up cell phones and shit.
Guitars:
Schecter Omen Extreme FR w/ SD Blackouts AHB-2
Epi LP 100
Epi LP Special II

Amps:
Randall RG100 Head
carvin x100b head
Carvin x100b 412
Fender FM412 Cab
Good Cheap Wireless System
That's an oxymoron.

PROTIP: If you can't afford a good quality wireless system, you're not a serious enough player to need one anyway.

You never need a wireless system - and unless you're playing big venues etc you'll just look stupid.
Quote by rwtf
yeaaah, saving isnt an option. and I heard that UHF picks up cell phones and shit.

All cheap wireless systems will do that, that's why they're cheap.

And you don't need a wireless. Are you playing a 1000 sqft. stage? a cable will do you just fine. learn to deal with it until you can save up enough for a good wireless system. I suggest saving at least $500, and that's being convervative and hoping you can find something on the used market.

also: How is saving not an option? is there someone holding a gun to your head telling you you need to buy a wireless unit right this very week?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Sep 20, 2010,
I came in here to say inb4 'you don't need one', didn't get here in time.

Don't get a cheap one. Save up, buy a quality one.
Quote by Jhachey22
All cheap wireless systems will do that, that's why they're cheap.

And you don't need a wireless. Are you playing a 1000 sqft. stage? a cable will do you just fine. learn to deal with it until you can save up enough for a good wireless system. I suggest saving at least $500, and that's being convervative and hoping you can find something on the used market.

also: How is saving not an option? is there someone holding a gun to your head telling you you need to buy a wireless unit right this very week?

Everything in this post is spot on. Listen here and listen well TS. In my opinion I think you only want a wireless system for the novelty factor. It isn't going to make you look anymore cool. Stick with cables for now.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Last edited by Adam124 at Sep 20, 2010,
Ok guys...I'm gonna try and stop a YOU DONT EVAR NEEDZ TEH WIRELESS!!1!!oneeleven!one!
before it even begins.
If you move and bounce around a lot on stage and your cable gets tangled every 10 seconds, then go ahead and get one, but save up for a Line 6 realy or something of similar quality. Wireless systems are NOT the place to skimp out on. Go cheap with them and you WILL regret it.
If you don't run the equivalent if a marathon while on stage, or your cable tangling isn't an issue for you, then you're better off with a cable.
Quote by darkwolf291
If you move and bounce around a lot on stage and your cable gets tangled every 10 seconds, then go ahead and get one

Pete Townsend dealt with it.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Good for Pete, happy for him. OP wants info about wireless systems, not fun trivia about Pete.
Quote by rwtf
Im in need of a good wireless system that not super exspensive, around 100$ USD

simple answer is, well, there isnt one. from a practical standpoint, cheap wireless systems suck your tone, pick up a lot of crap, and break down. from a technical standpoint, well, lets just say i know why cheap wireless sets do a lot of those things. it is not easy to get something like that to work cheaply. the moment you start cutting costs you start indroducing noise and error into the system.

so if you cant afford to save more for a good unit, you arent in the position to really need one. if you need one that is good, you always have the option of saving for it.

these days you might be able to scrape by with a system a bit under $300 (which would be my bottom limit). but i wouldnt start expecting pretty good stuff until you hit over $500.

as for UHF vs VHF, you want UHF. less crowded frequency range. also means you will be paying a bit more, or you pick up cell phones or whatever. worth it though.