Sup Ug, its been a LOOONG time since I have posted a thread about anything here. And as a result of that, I have lost much of my intelligence upon Guitar composition.

Recently I jumped right back into active practicing and writing and Dread the acoustic guitar that i currently own. I have had it for 7 years and it is a total piece of crap. And I'm really tired of switching my tunings on my Schecter's FR trem.

So would is it OK If I can receive some suggestions upon what I should be looking into in terms of a potential new acoustic guitar?

Budget: 600 to 900 dollars
Overall Tone: Bright, yet with soft depth.
Body: Cutaway, basic pickup electronics

Other:
-Flame/Quilted Maple top

It would be awesome If you guys could help post some suggestions on guitars or critique my specs.

THANKS!
schecter hellraiser c-1 fr
GAS list...
Mesa roadster with 2/12 recto cab
PGM 301
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels
Take a look at brands such as Alvarez, Yamaha, Blueridge, Guild, and Washburn.

Those are all brands that I've had a little bit of experience with, and all of them make quality guitars in the price range that you're in. The nice thing about the price range you've set yourself in, is that you've got your pick of quite a few guitars that are going to give you everything that you're looking for.

More than anything, I recommend trying out as many guitars as you possibly can at the store you intend on buying it at. That way, you'll find the guitar with the neck that you're happy with, which can make or break a deal for me.
"Here I sit, beneath a lonely line."

~iband48's signature
the dealbreaker is the maple top. i had a list going till i re-read your post. i don't know of a single maple top guitar in your price range - or maybe at all. all the maple top guitars i know of are electrics, and i play a LOT of guitars.

if you don't mind maple back and sides instead, there's always this
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Seagull-Performer-Cutaway-Flame-Maple-High-Gloss-QI-AcousticElectric-Guitar?sku=581750
and i do love seagull guitars a lot.

on the other hand, an all maple guitar would probably be bright but with no depth, soft or otherwise. it's a very fast responding wood.
For $600-900 you can get quite a nice guitar.

I recommend Alvarez guitars. They are beautiful and the tone is great - you can hear my tone on my mp3 player at www.randyellefson.com or in my profile here. And those guitars are less than $600, case included, with electronics.
Hey, thanks for the suggestions. Here is something that most replicates the body style of what Im looking for. which include the cutaway aswell as the quilted maple top. It is listed as 650 retail (not the sale price) which seems to be perfect! Im keeping a strong look for other brands and models. this is just a very very accurate representation of what I'm looking for.
schecter hellraiser c-1 fr
GAS list...
Mesa roadster with 2/12 recto cab
PGM 301
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels