Hey, so I put in a seymour duncan distortion in to my Alexi 600 the other day, and it sounds really thin and bright, almost like it's just a single coil pickup in a strat. I opened it up, and I realized I had switched the red and the black wires. I fixed this mistake today, but it still sounds really bright and thin. I know it's a bright pickup and my guitar is alder, but there's still no reason it should sound this thin. What do you guys think is going on? I really would like to fix this soon, so thanks for the help guys
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
It's a bright pickup, in an alder-bodied guitar with a lack of body wood due to being a V.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^that and it may be a cold solder joint - try cleaning that up and starting over. There is a trick to removing bad solder but I don't think I could explain it well so 'tube' it.

Mmhm, I agree. I thought the DD was very ballsy in alder but kept its definition.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Humm, I would of said did you wire it to the tone pot right, but you apparently don't have a tone pot....a tone pot would help alot.

You'll prolly have to re EQ your amp according. I had to do that when I got my BKP Painkiller, bright Mofo, but sounds awesome with the right EQ.

Your not having any buzzing problems right? If you were then a loose ground might be the center of all the problems.
You've got it wired in parallel. Solder the red & white wires together and tape them off. Black is hot and goes to the pup selector or volume pot and green goes to ground.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
You've got it wired in parallel. Solder the red & white wires together and tape them off. Black is hot and goes to the pup selector or volume pot and green goes to ground.

Nah mang, I already did that, but then I fixed it. Right now, the black wire is on a little tab on the volume pot, the green and the bare are on the volume pot, and the red and the white are attatched. I'm sure I wired it correctly. And I know it's a very bright combination, but it doesn't just sound bright. It literally sounds like a bolt on single coil strat
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

Ah. Parallel usually makes it sound like a single coil and you mentioned messing up the black and red wires. Check for cold solder joints as well. That's all I can tell you without being there to hear if it's the normal tone of the JB.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
Check for cold solder joints as well.

And that means? Haha
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father

Cold joints will be dull and dirty looking. They're brittle too so if you tug on a wire a bit and it breaks, redo that joint.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
Cold joints will be dull and dirty looking. They're brittle too so if you tug on a wire a bit and it breaks, redo that joint.

Yep, solder joints should be shiny and hard.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Hi Mate

I think there might be some problem with the amplifier and i suggest you to have it checked once and replace it with the new one.
Quote by LeeVincent
Hi Mate

I think there might be some problem with the amplifier and i suggest you to have it checked once and replace it with the new one.

Nope. My 2 other guitars sound perfectly fine. It's the guitar
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father

Lee Vincent is a spam bot. Ignore him. I just reported him.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT