Well my parents bought a used guitar from my guitar teacher and I can't figure out exactly what model it is! I know its a Jackson Dinky but I can't figure out the specific model! I was thinking it might be the DK2 but with a different neck and reverse headstock?

Here are some images! Can someone please help me out? Thanks

Giving us the serial number would be infinitely more helpful.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Serial number would help.
From the looks its an HSS Dinky with a reversed headstock
EDIT: It could also be a soloist...If it's a neck-through, it's a Soloist. If it;s a bolt-on, it's a Dinky. Serial number would help determine the model.
Last edited by darkwolf291 at Sep 20, 2010,
Quote by darkwolf291
Serial number would help.
From the looks its an HSS Dinky with a reversed headstock
EDIT: It could also be a soloist...If it's a neck-through, it's a Soloist. If it;s a bolt-on, it's a Dinky. Serial number would help determine the model.

its bolt on, if you look close enough you can see some of the body wood behind the neck in its joint in pics 1 and 3.

but yea, serial would be best.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Quote by Deadlock Riff
its bolt on, if you look close enough you can see some of the body wood behind the neck in its joint in pics 1 and 3.

but yea, serial would be best.

Ah, right you are. Didn't notice that. Tired eyes I guess.
It's definitely a Dinky then.
Serial number will still help loads TS
ok the only numbers i found on the entire guitar were 650017103 so I'm assuming thats the serial number! It was located on the back of the headstock though

Thank you guys once again!
Quote by CFHPantera
ok the only numbers i found on the entire guitar were 650017103 so I'm assuming thats the serial number! It was located on the back of the headstock though

Thank you guys once again!

EDIT:
Took some digging but I think i found it.
From the looks of it, what you have is a JD-R.

Hard to see, but it matches yours to a t. Down to the Dot inlays and the reversed headstock. The trem bar isn't the same, but that could have easily been replaced due to the original being broken, lost, etc.
Here's an article about it.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/document?doc_id=80925
Last edited by darkwolf291 at Sep 21, 2010,
Well thank you very much!! The only problem I kinda see is that it looks like the JD-R has 2 humbuckers but I might be wrong hahah is there any chance its a DK2 with a different neck?
Quote by CFHPantera
Well thank you very much!! The only problem I kinda see is that it looks like the JD-R has 2 humbuckers but I might be wrong hahah is there any chance its a DK2 with a different neck?

Nope, the JD-R came ONLY as HSS (humbucker Single single). Unless someone was to modify it, it would have an HSS layout.

It's possible it's a DK2 with a replacement neck, but again, I do believe it is a JD-R. Also, and I could be mistaken, I think the serial number has too many digits to be a DK2.