Well, for those of you who aren't living under a rock, quite a few new shows premiered recently, namely The Event and the remake of Hawaii Five-0.

I heard good things about The Event, being that it's supposed to be "the new Lost" but I only caught the last 5 minutes, which were enough to interest me in watching a little more.

But the show I'm really looking forward to is Hawaii Five-0, it just seems like the perfect blend of drama, wit, and charm.

So I guess this is just a thread to discuss your thoughts on the shows that premiered, etc.
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and class less and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A working class hero is something to be.
I saw the last half of Hawaii Five-0. It was pretty decent.
Questions of science
Science and progress
Do not speak as loud as my heart
Last edited by Jlovesmetal at Sep 20, 2010,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Hawaii 5-0 is just a remake of a '70s show of the same title. Originality ft(motherfucking)w!

I said that in the OP. Yeah, it was a pretty good show back then, and in case you haven't realized, quite a few people weren't really yah know, born yet. So I think it's pretty nice. Plus let's face it, they can do some pretty kick ass effects now.

One thing I really appreciated is that the writers realized guns aren't unlimited ammo killing machines, and that bad guys occasionally know how to hit their target.

idk i just can't take scott caan seriously as a cop when he's hooking Vinny Chase up with coke on Entourage haha
^I don't watch the Entourage, but one of the cops is Jin from Lost, so that made me giggle a couple times.

Quote by Epicbizzjizz
I said that in the OP.

I see that. I just hate when Hollywood repeats old shows or movies with new actors. Yeah, it can be good. For instance, the new Batman films are basically remakes, but I highly enjoy them. However, I generally find remakes to be lazy. I mean, these days, in Hollywood, it's very rare to find a movie or tv show that didn't take their plot (loosely) from a book or steal their concept from another movie or tv show. I think it's just...well, originality is what I think they should go for. I'm not saying that's the only important thing, but today's movies and tv shows are severely lacking in it.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I see that. I just hate when Hollywood repeats old shows or movies with new actors. Yeah, it can be good. For instance, the new Batman films are basically remakes, but I highly enjoy them. However, I generally find remakes to be lazy. I mean, these days, in Hollywood, it's very rare to find a movie or tv show that didn't take their plot (loosely) from a book or steal their concept from another movie or tv show. I think it's just...well, originality is what I think they should go for. I'm not saying that's the only important thing, but today's movies and tv shows are severely lacking in it.

Oh, I won't disagree for a second that almost ANY pop culture is lacking the originality it used to. But I'll still enjoy the show probably. I just need SOMETHING to fill the whole left in my heart by lost.