I don't know why but ever since I got my amp it has had a buzz too it, I know its not my guitar as it plays clearly through my 15w spider iii, but when I plug it in to the mg30 it has an annoying buzz, even when i have the lead plugged in without the guitar the buzz continues.

I'm guessing something is wrong with a wire in the amp or something along those lines.
Anyone know how to fix this, also I have tryed turning everything electrical off around it and changed locations, so its definately the amp.
It's an MG. These things happen with them a lot, since they're not what I'd call a "well built" amp.

My suggestion? Return it and get a Vypyr 30. I guarantee you'll be happier with your tone.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Mine does the same thing. ^Take his advice and get a new amp.
I don't even use mine anymore. it just sits in the corner and collects dust.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
Then I'd recommend selling it on craigslist, then getting a nicer amp with the cash the MG gets you.

As blackened said, it's just not a very good amp, and you'll be happier (I guarantee this) with a new one.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by offthewall91
Mine does the same thing. ^Take his advice and get a new amp.
I don't even use mine anymore. it just sits in the corner and collects dust.

Sell it and the Frontman, and the Bandit, scrounge together whatever other money you'd need and buy yourself that JCM 2000 you know you want.

OT: Sell the MG, get some extra cash and buy yourself a Peavey Vyper.
^ he beat me

If you didn't have this problem with the Spider then your MG must be overly lemmony. Selling it on craigslist may be your best bet as mentioned. Why did you buy this amp (practice amp) when you already had a Spider (practice amp)?

I'd sell both your practice amps and get a real amp
Quote by darkwolf291
Sell it and the Frontman, and the Bandit, scrounge together whatever other money you'd need and buy yourself that JCM 2000 you know you want.

OT: Sell the MG, get some extra cash and buy yourself a Peavey Vyper.

I would totally do that. But I have no room for a halfstack at the moment.
Quote by Carmel

Quote by darkwolf291

Quote by offthewall91
I would totally do that. But I have no room for a halfstack at the moment.

http://www.humbuckermusic.com/1018.html
Next excuse?
OT: TS, if you're willing to, sell the MG and Spider, and we can help suggest you a real amp. What we would need to know to do that is;
Budget
Genres you play
New or Used
Nearest City
Last edited by darkwolf291 at Sep 20, 2010,
Quote by offthewall91
>.>
I don't want the combo.

But it's in every way more convenient...
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
But it's in every way more convenient...

It is. But I just really want the half stack.
And I haven't seen a single JCM 2000 of anykind where I am so I'll probably have time to make room for it before I actually find on and have enough money to buy it.
Quote by Carmel

Quote by darkwolf291

Quote by offthewall91
It is. But I just really want the half stack.
And I haven't seen a single JCM 2000 of anykind where I am so I'll probably have time to make room for it before I actually find on and have enough money to buy it.

How unfortunate.

Combo amps are just as good, sure they don't have the whole giant ego thing going for them, but they will sound just as good.

lol, reminds me of these kids I played a show with just a few days ago. They were the second band to play and they all were overly impressed with the first band, cause the first band had stacks.

Of course, the first band had two MG stacks and both guitarists had squier bullets
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Guitarbaddie
How unfortunate.

Combo amps are just as good, sure they don't have the whole giant ego thing going for them, but they will sound just as good.

lol, reminds me of these kids I played a show with just a few days ago. They were the second band to play and they all were overly impressed with the first band, cause the first band had stacks.

Of course, the first band had two MG stacks and both guitarists had squier bullets

This.

If you're really that concerned about the way you look on stage, buy a combo - and then with the money you saved by not buying a stack, get a good leather jacket and a pack of smokes so you can look big and cool
Quote by kyle62
This.

If you're really that concerned about the way you look on stage, buy a combo - and then with the money you saved by not buying a stack, get a good leather jacket and a pack of smokes so you can look big and cool

Totally man that's why compact Boss pedals are so popular. Everyone knows they make your feet look bigger and the girls assume you must have a huge package. It's rock 101 really
Quote by Guitarbaddie
How unfortunate.

Truly unfortunate.

I know the combo is just as good as the stack. And I know if I found one I would buy it.
It's just a matter of finding one of the two. I have found a few on craigslist in the bowling green area of Kentucky but they were all $1200-1500 and I don't have that kind of cash. >.>
And I could care less how I looked on stage. My amp right now is a rusted Peavey Bandit.
Quote by Carmel

Quote by darkwolf291

Actually I'm going to play devil's advocate and say the DSL50 head is a much better amp than the DSL401 combo - because it is.
The 401 overheats easily, has a horrible speaker and just doesn't sound quite right. DSL50 is a good solid straight-up rock amp.

The TS is right, but for totally the wrong reasons.
Quote by kyle62
Actually I'm going to play devil's advocate and say the DSL50 head is a much better amp than the DSL401 combo - because it is.
The 401 overheats easily, has a horrible speaker and just doesn't sound quite right. DSL50 is a good solid straight-up rock amp.

The TS is right, but for totally the wrong reasons.

Wrong reasons being I just want the stack?
Yeah probably so. But I have played through a 401 combo and I liked it....but I still prefer the sound of the stack.
Quote by Carmel

Quote by darkwolf291

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
wait....who is the TS again?

I is confuzzeled

lol at the Boss pedal comment A Silent line

I think he was referring to me....but I'm not TS, guitarnoob2009 is but I think I ninjad his thread >.>
Quote by Carmel

Quote by darkwolf291

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^ exactly....start your own thread brother

It was unintentional. Trust me. I had no intention on starting a discussion on the jcm2000 but these guys apparently thought it should be discussed.
Quote by Carmel

Quote by darkwolf291

Quote by offthewall91
It was unintentional. Trust me. I had no intention on starting a discussion on the jcm2000 but these guys apparently thought it should be discussed.

No, you were complaining about your MG. I said to sell all of your amps and buy the JCM 2000 you've always wanted.
everyone just sell everything you've got, and write me a huge check in the amount of all the money you make. I'll gaurantee you'll sound great in the next life.

hey, it worked for David Koresh