Hey guys

I don't know where to post this, but oh well
I'm gonna have an interview with Jimmy Eat World on wednesday night and I was wondering if there was any fan here? I thought maybe someone would like to know something in particular?

and for those of you who don't necessarily know or like them, any cool question to ask in an interview?
wow they must really be at a low if theyre getting interviewd by a average pit monkey. no offense
ooh that's cool!
Fact: Bands DO like to talk about things besides their music.

I interviewed Porcupine Tree when they came to India.
Best hour and a half of my life!
^^nice unet, I'll consider this!
my interview is going to be made by phone though, I'm not actually meeting them, but oh well! I was supposed to do a critic of Porcupine Tree's next release actually, but according to my boss, it's a re-issue, so it wouldn't be pertinent enough =(
Quote by unet
ooh that's cool!
Fact: Bands DO like to talk about things besides their music.

I interviewed Porcupine Tree when they came to India.
Best hour and a half of my life!

You are one lucky bastard.
Quote by Darkflame
^^nice unet, I'll consider this!
my interview is going to be made by phone though, I'm not actually meeting them, but oh well! I was supposed to do a critic of Porcupine Tree's next release actually, but according to my boss, it's a re-issue, so it wouldn't be pertinent enough =(

Ah...well try to record the whole thing!
Noting down points never does it justice the first time round.
Is it with the whole band?

I tried, and failed at getting a phone interview with Opeth.

Quote by Jon777
You are one lucky bastard.

Hell yes.
Gavin! <3
I have no idea with which members it'll be, it's not even confirmed yet, but I have around 36 hours left to prepare it, more or less a few hours lol...
I'll record it, my boss is actually gonna give me a recorder and everything I'll need =) I don't know if I'll be authorised to post the recording online though, but I should be able to do a transcription ;-)
Quote by Darkflame
I have no idea with which members it'll be, it's not even confirmed yet, but I have around 36 hours left to prepare it, more or less a few hours lol...
I'll record it, my boss is actually gonna give me a recorder and everything I'll need =) I don't know if I'll be authorised to post the recording online though, but I should be able to do a transcription ;-)

Excellent.
36 hours is more than enough!
Just look up previous interviews with the band and make sure you don't ask the Q's that are in every one.
It'll give you some ideas on what to ask as well, I'm sure.

Quote by l.a.ibanez123
who is jimy eats world?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaP6KgwbOvo
Quote by l.a.ibanez123
who is jimy eats world?

never heard that?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKsxPW6i3pM

oh well, I gotta go to bed, I'll catch up with people's posts tomorrow

edit: ^yeah, that's one of the plans
I also asked the same question on the official boards, hoping someone would understand lol
Last edited by Darkflame at Sep 21, 2010,
Ask if Jimmy can in fact masticate portions that are of a global scale.
it would be proper to post this in the pop punk and emo sub-forum in bands & artists. i'm sure there are plenty of fans there.

*CLOSED*

aw, ****, i can't do that anymore.
Sent from my iPad.
Who doesn't like Jew?

Ask them if they'll bring sexy back.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Jon777
Colin! <3 That guy's awesome.

He smiles like, ALL the time!

They're all great guys.

Nelsean.. Jew
Last edited by unet at Sep 21, 2010,
YES! I love Jimmy Eat World. They're one of the best pop rock bands out there. And Nothingwrong is an incredible song. As is Bleed American. They're one of those bands that very rarely write a bad song. I've got all their albums and listen to them regularly.
Dude.

Write down the interview and upload it here as a contribution. Seriously.
RIP Tom Searle.
ask them to make a shout out to me when they play the boston house of blues. i'll be there.
but mostly to see We Were Promised Jetpacks.
but don't tell them that.
Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the cake this morning!

yeah, that's an inside joke. i made it different colors and sizes to be obnoxious...
Quote by daytripper75
Ask them if they'll ever make another album as good as Bleed American.

this.
nothing has topped it so far, a im aways eager to hear if they ever will.

youre in an awesome place. i wish i could interview jew
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
"How does it feel knowing you guys will never be as badass as your friends in At the Drive-In?"

I'm a big fan of Jimmy Eat World, but ask them that anyway.

Wait, no.. Ask them which side they took when ATDI broke up.. Sparta, or TMV?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.