Alright, I'll try to be brief. Right now my #1 electric is a Squier Classic Vibe 50's tele. Yes, theres that annoying name on the headstock, but I love how it plays and feels, so I think I'll be sticking with it for awhile. I've decided that I need something with a beefier sound for when I'm playing rhythm, so probably something with humbuckers.

Music style(s)-Blues to metal (nothing too crazy metal-wise)

Budget-500-600

I am willing to go used

I love les pauls, but I want something........different. I also would really love to have a bigsby, but it's not a requirement. I can't play most SG's because the neck dive is a big issue with me.

Fire away with suggestions/more questions.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
who cares about the name on the headstock? if you like it, that's great.

maybe take a look at some godins?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Get a Semi Hollow for your 2nd Axe. There are Ibanez and Epiphones in that price range that are very good for the money. I have an Ibanez AS-73 and am Extremely Happy with it.

Plus they are Great for Blues. Also, alot of Alternative band's are using Semi Hollow's now.
dngrsdave

Heavy Metal Thunder
Quote by Dave_Mc
who cares about the name on the headstock? if you like it, that's great.

maybe take a look at some godins?

Ooh, Iunno about that, I've tried two or three Godins, and they felt great and played great, but the pickups'd probably need replacing for what he's looking for(they're rather low gain, like Epi stock pickups). Great guitars otherwise though. Anyways, hm, looking for blues/non-crazy metal? You could get an Epi and maybe swap the pickups for something a little gainier, or maybe one of those HH Teles(Tele Deluxes, I think?) if you like your Tele, they go for about $650 here in Newfoundland, Canada, but then, an Epi G400 is $450 here too, and I've been told that's extortionate, so you can probably get them cheaper elsewhere. But yeah, maybe check one of those out if you don't mind stretching your budget a little?
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
I'm probably not going to get an SG, the neck balance issue is just a big deal for me personally. Semi-hollows, I actually used to play an Ibanez Artcore awhile back, and the size of it was just clumsy for me. I might look into something semi-hollow with a smaller body (like a les paul or tele size).

A brand that has really caught my eye is Gretsch. A guy locally is selling (for cheap) the signature gretsch of the lead singer of fall out boy (flame shield), and what I've read about it makes it look like a decent guitar. I also really like this guitar

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gretsch-Guitars-G5135-Electromatic-Corvette-Electric-Guitar?sku=513281

If I find it used it's well in my budget

And as far as my tele goes, I love it, I just get sick of hear from other guitar players "Oh man that looks/sounds nice..............oh, it's a Squier, nevermind" *facepalm*
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
the classic vibes are meant to be pretty nice (I haven't tried them), from all I hear they're a big step-up from the normal squiers.

I mean if they're that idiotic, you're never gonna persuade them of anything sensible anyway, so...

I wouldn't even bother trying.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
the classic vibes are meant to be pretty nice (I haven't tried them), from all I hear they're a big step-up from the normal squiers.

I mean if they're that idiotic, you're never gonna persuade them of anything sensible anyway, so...

I wouldn't even bother trying.

Precisely. Some new tuners and maybe pickups, and I don't see why I would ever need a more expensive tele.
even the pickups are meant to be pretty nice, a lot of people are saying they're basically toneriders...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Get a lower end PRS.

Probably one of the few companies with a fantastic sounding lower budget line.

Them singles is sweet!