matt canino's band (ex latterman)
really really awesome stuff, i cant even describe it.
seen them twice.
get into the full length, i think rain down might be THE greatest opener ever.
they dont have a myspace so check out matts label www.rumbletowne.com
its where you can listen to all their stuff and find out about their shows.
see this band when they come around! they dont tour that often!
Last edited by kylelagz at Sep 21, 2010,
Rvivr is great. That's all I can say about them.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Not listened, but I can tell you confidently that I like them since he's in it.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
My hypothesis was correct. This band are incredible.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Washington represent!

Band's starting to click for me, pretty good. Only have the Dirty Water EP, though.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
I like RVIVR alright, they're kinda boring at times and pretty solid at other times. I like their ideals, but what's better is how much their ideals seem to annoy everyone.
Quote by BK202
What are their ideals? They're like one of those grizzled pop-punk bands I listen to while biking and I've never really paid attention to their ideals.

Really really feminist. Like when they needed a bassist, iirc they specified they wanted a womyn and everyone was all, "WAHH REVERSE SEXISM!!" and "HURR SELF-RIGHTEOUS HIGH HORSE" and stuff. Which I totally dig because I find it hilarious when people are criticized for standing on a moral high ground or w/e.

They mostly talk about that shit in their interviews, not in their music. Kinda silly in a way. ¯\_(ツ_/¯
But how will we get more pictures like this of them?!?!?

Quote by lolmnt
I love RVIVR. They were so good at Fest.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
You live on the east coast? I'm sure they'll be back there eventually.
Quote by lolmnt
Quote by due 07
Really really feminist. Like when they needed a bassist, iirc they specified they wanted a womyn and everyone was all, "WAHH REVERSE SEXISM!!" and "HURR SELF-RIGHTEOUS HIGH HORSE" and stuff. Which I totally dig because I find it hilarious when people are criticized for standing on a moral high ground or w/e.

They mostly talk about that shit in their interviews, not in their music. Kinda silly in a way. ¯\_(ツ_/¯
You would agree with them.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown

I tried to really get into them, but couldn't. They aren't terrible or anything, but they didn't really grab my attention much.
Life and Death is a good song.

So is Change on Me.

They're no Latterman though :C
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Besides a few songs, I've never gotten into Latterman too much. Which is just weird because I love all of the post-Latterman projects...
There's a big thread about their preaching about femanism on the b9 boards. Their music is fantastic, after hearing those stories about them it made me like them a tad less. The worst was I've heard there was a kid stagediving with his shirt off and they stopped the set and yelled at him until he left crying. I'm not sure how true this is, but the other stories I've heard of them it doesn't seem too far off.
But my friend saw them at fest and said they didn't do any of that BS, so I have hope for them yet. One of my bands is named after their song Life Moves (also the record from beau navire too)
Ok I lied. I didn't think I liked them very much, but I've listened to them some more and I changed my mind. They're pretty good.
this last one has been the hardest year of my life, and i'm really glad rvivr exists because they mKe me feel like i'm worth something. erica said they might play this venue in my hometown in september and even if it's just lip service, it's reaLLy exciting.

snag her album if you haven't heard it by the way, lots of rvivr tunes and some others. http://ericafreas.bandcamp.com/album/belly-2

Quote by l3p4rd
There's a big thread about their preaching about femanism on the b9 boards. Their music is fantastic, after hearing those stories about them it made me like them a tad less. The worst was I've heard there was a kid stagediving with his shirt off and they stopped the set and yelled at him until he left crying. I'm not sure how true this is, but the other stories I've heard of them it doesn't seem too far off.
But my friend saw them at fest and said they didn't do any of that BS, so I have hope for them yet. One of my bands is named after their song Life Moves (also the record from beau navire too)

also that kid injured some people from 'stagediving' and they spoke after the show and rvivr apologized for not handling it well and the kid apologized for being a ****. now everyone can listen to rvivr and not feel some weird ****ed up shame for listening to a band that's passionate about social justice.
Last edited by due 07 at May 24, 2013,
Quote by punkforlife93
RVIVR does rule, kinda disappointed I haven't commented in here yet. They're no Iron Chic though.

i like them so much more on every level. iron chic rules though.
Quote by blake1221
their new album is hella good.

totally. everything before "the hunger suite" is stupid good, easily 10/10 stuff. everything after is an interesting experiment but not as good imo.
Last edited by due 07 at May 24, 2013,
i don't believe i'm about to say this, but when the girl's vocals come in on wrong way/one way, it reminds me so much of Miley Cyrus, hahaha.

but yeah, this is incredible - i should have listened way sooner. the first song you posted especially is great.

RVIVR and Iron Chic are great, but there's no point arguing which is better.

Because neither are as good as Latterman.
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Quote by SuperBlob
RVIVR and Iron Chic are great, but there's no point arguing which is better.

Because neither are as good as Latterman.

I enjoy pretty much every Latterman spinoff more than Latterman itself.
only latterman album i ever really got into is no matter where we go..!, but it's really super good. the last track is one of my favorite songs ever.

i'm gonna say rvivr > latterman > laura stevenson > iron chic > shorebirds > all the other bands. i like them all a lot though.