As the title suggests, I have an epic problem of epic proportions.

I really really want a new bass, but there are sooo many choices!

I've managed to narrow them down to like 5-6 basses: (In order of price cheapest at top of list to expensive)

Schecter Stiletto Deluxe 4 String
Ibanez JetKing B300/200
Ibanez SR300
Ibanez SRX350
Squier VM or CV

Please help me narrow down the choices, because the basses are unfortunately sold in all different places. - Also recommend, if need be, any other basses which are within the price range.

Thanks in advance.
There was once a wise Chinese man who said:

"All you can eat, $12.50"
I'd go for an Ibanez, preferably the SR300, a nice versatile bass. Don't really like Schecters and I think these Ibanez basses are way better than a Squier.
Gear :
Ibanez GWB35 Gary Willis signature
Ibanez SR700 CN
Epiphone Thunderbird Pro IV

Marshall MB4410
there is no such thing as an epic problem. you sir, have a lot to learn!
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
all anyone will tell you is there personal favorites, which for you is useless.

go play all of them see which one best fits you, hell you may find an even better bass.
I have a better idea than telling you my favorite or to go try one out.

what would you like your new bass to be like? soundwise, playing, looking, etc.

unless you are 21st level, you are not having epic problems.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
An epic problem would be amongst the lines of "I have a gig in 1 hour, my bass electronics failed, my strings broke, my amp is blown, but I don't have any way to replace those parts and if I don't play this gig, a big bear will eat your genitals", not "I need a new bass".
Give us your budget, desired sound and we'll get you some choices.
thats a pretty varied list man. I mean schecter stilleto is about s far from a VM as you can get sound wise. an ibanez neck is way diferent than say a P neck. the jetking 300 is just strange.

get a jetking, they are cool. or go try some of them out see what feels good, look at your favorite bassists see what they use, blah blah blah.
no sir away a papaya war is on
...Squier is the most expensive on your list?

Its only $300, where did you manage to find all those other below $300?
pinga
FINE. Not an epic problem .. rather, an epic dilemma.

Well, I play mostly rock/alternative stuff (Muse, RHCP, Coldplay etc.), but I still want a versatile bass. I don't mind the look too much I suppose, but as long as it doesn't way a tonne, it'll be fine.

Yes, the Squier is the most expensive, I don't know the pricing in the USA, but here in New Zealand, things seem to be priced differently. Squier = NZ$799 which is USD$580 ..

Looks like the prices are hiked up here ..
There was once a wise Chinese man who said:

"All you can eat, $12.50"
Oops, I didn't notice you were in New Zealand. That's kind of a good problem to have, all the higher quality-more expensive basses seem to be cheaper over there, lol.
pinga
Ibanez SR. great for all that stuff. and a little more bang for the buck- if you were in the US I'd say the VM jazz.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom