I was thinking of buying a new metal style guitar and I was wondering if Jackson make entry level guitars similar to like what ESP do with LTD and what Gibson do with Epiphone. Not because I want an entry level quality guitar, but because I dont want to accidently buy one. Help would be much appreciated
Prices are usually a really good indicator...

As for actual model names, I think any Jackson that has a model name beginning with "JS" is a beginner guitar.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Yeah JS serie Jackson is an entry level jackson. And so is the X series, as in KVX, for example, but it isn't as "crap" as I'd say of the JS ones..
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

LTD isnt really entry level. Their 50's, 200's and 100's are beginner class (more or less), but their 400 and up guitars are mid-high end and the 1000's are def high end guitars (what else can you call a guitar that costs the think end of a grand?).
Quote by GS LEAD 5
LTD isnt really entry level. Their 50's, 200's and 100's are beginner class (more or less), but their 400 and up guitars are mid-high end and the 1000's are def high end guitars (what else can you call a guitar that costs the think end of a grand?).

Yep, but I guess he meant the 50,100 and 200 LTDs. LTD-1000's are indeed definitely high end guitars. i personally liked the M-401 ESP-LTD, too bad it got discontinued, would have bought it eventually..
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Ok cheers guys. As for the whole LTD thing, you would have to say that in terms of how much high end ESPs cost, higher end LTDs could still be considered entry level guitars but I wouldn't compare LTDs to the Epiphones or Squires thats for sure. My LTD KH-602 is by far the best guitar I've played to date
Quote by Aj1991
Ok cheers guys. As for the whole LTD thing, you would have to say that in terms of how much high end ESPs cost, higher end LTDs could still be considered entry level guitars but I wouldn't compare LTDs to the Epiphones or Squires thats for sure. My LTD KH-602 is by far the best guitar I've played to date

He has a point. Even the cheapest LTD I have ever played(an EX-50) sounded and felt considerably better than the Squiers and Ibanez GIO's in the same price range.

Soooooo love my MH
Quote by Colgate Total
Prices are usually a really good indicator...

As for actual model names, I think any Jackson that has a model name beginning with "JS" is a beginner guitar.

+1

try to get up to the pro series, kind of thing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?