Page 1 of 2

So NAD i just got my Bugera 333 so i unpacked and connected it to my 1x12cab and try to turn it on to get it on standby and it doesnt do anything ?!? the light of the power and stanby wont go on the tubes wont glow :x am i forgetting something here ? i checked the powercable and the fuses

plz help il post some pictures later

M-Audio Fastrack + Pod Farm

Korg Pitchblack
Boss ME25
Maxon OD808
Fame T120H
Framus 1x12 G12t100 Cab
matching impedance??

vvv - oh i though there was no volume coming out of speakers didnt read the bit about it not turning on. ill read better next time.
Last edited by CreepingDeath13 at Sep 21, 2010,
yep i got the switch @ 8ohm on the back of the amp and my cab is 8 0hm too but does that have to do something with the amp not turning on ? :x

Korg Pitchblack
Boss ME25
Maxon OD808
Fame T120H
Framus 1x12 G12t100 Cab
Last edited by AlienProbe at Sep 21, 2010,
Hmm not sure man, I had the same thing with my Mesa Single Rec and it turned out that the Head powercable didnt have a fuse inside. Have you tried with a different powercable lead?
I know this might sound stupid, but is the amp the right voltage for your country? Have you tried different power sockets around the house? Is there an internal fuse that has blown?
The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals
yep the amp is rated 230V my Country ( The Netherlands ) has 220V ima try some other power sockets

Korg Pitchblack
Boss ME25
Maxon OD808
Fame T120H
Framus 1x12 G12t100 Cab
Did you check internal fuses?
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
i tried 4 different power cable's and power sockets, Living room, Bathroom, Kitchen stil no lights or anything at al.

anyone else have some idea's ??

thnx for the help guys

where can i find the internal fuses i can't find them in the manual

Korg Pitchblack
Boss ME25
Maxon OD808
Fame T120H
Framus 1x12 G12t100 Cab
Maybe phone Bugera and tell them about the problem; maybe they can give u a clue?
just mailed bugera i hope they can tel me what the problem is
and if they dont know it i have to send it back to musicstore to get a new one :x

Korg Pitchblack
Boss ME25
Maxon OD808
Fame T120H
Framus 1x12 G12t100 Cab
don't open it or anything like that. I have no idea if they're true, but there have been stories and rumours going around of bugera refusing to honour warranty if there's any evidence that the amp has been opened.

Wait and see what musicstore says, in other words. And if they tell you to do anything, retain proof that they told you to do it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ok thnx for the help guys i wil make a new NAD when i got the head working or i get a new working head x)

Korg Pitchblack
Boss ME25
Maxon OD808
Fame T120H
Framus 1x12 G12t100 Cab
Quote by Dave_Mc
don't open it or anything like that. I have no idea if they're true, but there have been stories and rumours going around of bugera refusing to honour warranty if there's any evidence that the amp has been opened.

Wait and see what musicstore says, in other words. And if they tell you to do anything, retain proof that they told you to do it.

+1 Don't do anything that could potentially void your warranty until you've exhausted that avenue.

Checking fuses shouldn't be in that category so that I would do. That's really the only simple fix thing that would cause it to not power up. If its not that, its something more major.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
no problem, i hope it gets sorted as soon as possible. EDIT: yeah checking the fuse would hopefully be ok. But you never know.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Also make sure to post in the Bugera Users Militia thread... Those guys love to hear about new Bugera users being satisfied with the product.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I was waiting for you to find this Dave

Sorry to hear about the amp though TS, there's nothing worse than getting excited and it not working, hope the sort it for you soon
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by tubetime86
Also make sure to post in the Bugera Users Militia thread... Those guys love to hear about new Bugera users being satisfied with the product.

TS: I wouldn't do anything other than changing the fuse...if it blows again right away (my bet is that it will)...then you have a bigger problem. Honestly, I would just try to return it...
i checked the fuse on the bak and it looks new so i dont think its a blown fuse x) wel i heard about bugera's failing but didnt think it would happen to me tho xD and i bought one becouse im just a stunder who doesnt have 2k for a nice high gain head so a cheap amp is the only choice and there arent not alot of high gain heads for under 500 Euro's so yeah Bugera was like the only choiche i had for my style

Korg Pitchblack
Boss ME25
Maxon OD808
Fame T120H
Framus 1x12 G12t100 Cab
Quote by SimplyBen
I was waiting for you to find this Dave

Sorry to hear about the amp though TS, there's nothing worse than getting excited and it not working, hope the sort it for you soon

hehe, i didn't even troll this thread

but yeah, i agree, it's really disappointing when you've been looking forward to something and then it doesn't work.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
When I got my Bugera 333XL I actually had 2 capacitors fall out in the power supply. It's possible the same thing happened to you.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
When i shake the head it doesnt make any sound so nothing is loose i ques il just wait til i get a message back from either Musicstore or Bugera i tried everything i know but it just doesnt help anyway i ques il never order an amp again il just go to a store and trie it before i bring it home so i know i take a working amp with me :x im kinda pissed at myself now i dont have an amp i borrowed my blackstar to a friend :x damn :X wel hope i get a message back soon cant freaking wait

Korg Pitchblack
Boss ME25
Maxon OD808
Fame T120H
Framus 1x12 G12t100 Cab
Quote by rooster456
When I got my Bugera 333XL I actually had 2 capacitors fall out in the power supply. It's possible the same thing happened to you.
lol
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Quote by rooster456

Damn, not having things wired in properly sucks... But not having them physically secured in at all is a real bitch!

Again, please post in the Bugera Users Militia thread. Its a great place to discuss how Bugera fixed all the quality control issues two years ago.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Phone Musicstore, I e-mailed them to report that I received a plug that was for use in main land Europe, its been 2 weeks and they still haven't gotten back to me, so I bought a travel adaptor, so I could use it here (Ireland).
Guitars:
Fame Forum 3
Aria STG-004
Ashton Acoustic

Amps:
Bugera V22
Drive CD-10

Effects:
Boss ME-50

Quote by Kanthras
2/10

No fire extinguisher reference, unoriginal, no Militia flamebait, disappointing.

Bugera Users Militia
Last.fm
Quote by tubetime86
Damn, not having things wired in properly sucks... But not having them physically secured in at all is a real bitch!
It's kinda weird, I always have problems getting components OUT with all that sticky goop the Chinese pour everywhere on PCBs.
Again, please post in the Bugera Users Militia thread. Its a great place to discuss how Bugera fixed all the quality control issues two years ago.
Feel free to do so, but don't put words in our mouth.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Quote by Kanthras
It's kinda weird, I always have problems getting components OUT with all that sticky goop the Chinese pour everywhere on PCBs.

Ya that's what I was thinking... I thought Chinese manufacturers had the gooping parts in thing down, the wiring was always the issue from what I heard.

I'm sorry, I'm just having fun. You know I don't care about Bugera either way... I just can't help taking the cheap laugh.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
I'm sorry, I'm just having fun. You know I don't care about Bugera either way... I just can't help taking the cheap laugh.
Fine, have your cheap laughs.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Quote by Kanthras

So....

You're saying that the QA/QC problems aren't fixed in the new ones then? I swore than Vinson said in a thread the other day that the issues have been fixed. And behold...a new Bugera...D.O.A. I'll see if I can dig the quote up.

EDIT:
delivered

Quote by Vinson

Do yourself a favor...get the Bugera....it's as realiable as any other amp now (problems have been fixed)
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Sep 21, 2010,
Quote by eyebanez333
So....

You're saying that the QA/QC problems aren't fixed in the new ones then? I swore than Vinson said in a thread the other day that the issues have been fixed. And behold...a new Bugera...D.O.A. I'll see if I can dig the quote up.

EDIT:
delivered
I'll be sure to give Vinson a sound lashing the next time I see him.

Either way, warranty ftw.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Hmmm, I just noticed; the phrase 'our mouth' implies that the Bugera militia has one, collective mouth.

Quote by Kanthras
Either way, warranty ftw.

From what I've heard Bugera has been good with replacing things when covered under the warranty so there is some truth here... However, my time is valuable and buying an amp partially expecting to use the warranty right off the bat is ludicrous.

TS - If indeed you have recieved a bad amp from the factory and you are given store credit, will you replace it with a Bugera or look elsewhere? Honest question.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at Sep 21, 2010,
Definitely replace it with a Bugera again i freaking love how they sound.
but if it break''s down again i might go something else depend's on what breaks tho

Korg Pitchblack
Boss ME25
Maxon OD808
Fame T120H
Framus 1x12 G12t100 Cab
Quote by AlienProbe
Definitely replace it with a Bugera again i freaking love how they sound.
but if it break''s down again i might go something else depend's on what breaks tho

Hmmm... I can't believe this experience (again if it is what it seems, we can't be sure yet) hasn't put you off. Must be one hell of a sound.

Have you heard a XXX? If you look used you can find one at the same price if not cheaper, and that's what the 333 is designed to copy. I'd rather have a 10 year old Peavey than a brand new Bugera any day.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at Sep 21, 2010,
Quote by tubetime86
Hmmm, I just noticed; the phrase 'our mouth' implies that the Bugera militia has one, collective mouth.
We Are Milita.
We Are Many.
Expect Us (if you hate on Bugera).

But srsly, I forgot an 's' there.

From what I've heard Bugera has been good with replacing things when covered under the warranty so there is some truth here... However, my time is valuable and buying an amp partially expecting to use the warranty right off the bat is ludicrous.
I guess that is where we differ. I don't mind putting in a little extra effort to get a great deal. It's not like filing a warranty claim actually takes much time or effort, and you can play on your other amps in the meantime. I guess I'm pretty patient when it comes to these things.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Quote by tubetime86
Hmmm... I can't believe this experience (again if it is what it seems, we can't be sure yet) hasn't put you off. Must be one hell of a sound.

Have you heard a XXX? If you look used you can find one at the same price if not cheaper, and that's what the 333 is designed to copy. I'd rather have a 10 year old Peavey than a brand new Bugera any day.

wel i dunt think you can find a Used XXX for 298 euro's ? becouse that's what i paid for the Bugera top it was a Deal at musicstore

Korg Pitchblack
Boss ME25
Maxon OD808
Fame T120H
Framus 1x12 G12t100 Cab
Quote by AlienProbe
wel i dunt think you can find a Used XXX for 298 euro's ? becouse that's what i paid for the Bugera top it was a Deal at musicstore
If you can find a used XXX (in good condition) in the Netherlands for 298 euros, I will perform oral sex on you.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

damn you guys :P how much do second hand mesa's cost there haha xD here they cost like 200euro less than a new one :x so i just e-mailed musicstore that i want to get a new one becouse this one is really broken now im waiting for a reply damn cant wait til i get a working one :P

Korg Pitchblack
Boss ME25
Maxon OD808
Fame T120H
Framus 1x12 G12t100 Cab
Page 1 of 2