Page 1 of 3
Eurgh so many scene fags on Facebook are pissing me off by referring to themselves as "screamers"

"Yeah I'm the screamer in a band"
"I'm just going to go off to do some screaming"
"My throat hurts so I can't scream for a while"

It really annoys me that they are rooted in this style of vocals that they cant even call themselves a "vocalist", it angers me. Also they post annoying status' about BMTH all the time

What does the pit think about "Screamers" ?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
People piss you off. What are you going to do about it?

Right. You piss back on them.
Quote by KeepOnRotting
I think people that bitch about people that call themselves screamers need to find a hobby.

Same can be said for people who complain about people that bitch about people that call themselves screamers.

Come on, lets be original here.

I don't care if they call themselves screamers, I care if they call themselves vocalists
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
i saw this title and thought about something that would be sensored in this forum.......

ANYWAY

i know what you mean, i have been recruited to a band where the lead singer says her favorite vocalist is gerard way.... and has sent me loads of songs to learn with this screamo rubbish in.... if she turns out to be one of them (no matter how hot) im out
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
Last edited by Dave Frenzy at Sep 21, 2010,
"Vocalists" who feel the need to scream shouldn't be vocalists. It's different if they're in Death Metal or Black Metal band cuz those guys don't scream as much as growl, but these idiot screamers...they just fail 100% at vocals.

Btw, supposedly Gerard Way learned music from his Grandma. Well, he must have failed the part where she told him how to sing.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Sep 21, 2010,
You need to get some new friends TS.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
On Facebook? So, your friends then?

Get new friends.

Friend ≠ Facebook friend.
New track on soundcloud.com/ahlers or on my profile.
Feedback much appreciated.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Hi my name is Chen im 16 years old from Israel.
I love playing Guitar and writing if I have the time[...]

As of now I am banned because of racism against albinos
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Btw, supposedly Gerard Way learned music from his Grandma. Well, he must have failed the part where she told him how to sing.

haha to be honest i think he just failed to listen to anything that she said... either that or she had no idea herself

we need a designated My Chemical Romance hate thread lol
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
What's with all this hate towards screamed vocals? Sure, a lot of them sound crap, but there's some really good "screamers" out there, too. (It's just that someone who sucks at singing is more obvious than someone who sucks at screaming.)
Who the hell is this Gerard Way you hate so much?

Be happy they don't call themselves "Singers", then I'd be worried, because they'd be offending every singer in the world.

If you can't sing, for ****'s sake don't go screaming, you'll hurt people's ears.
I think I may facepalm myself back into the last century.

Regardless, I am a 'vocalist.' But maybe I'll add you on facebooks and post stuff like:

'I'm screaming to BMTH rite now cuz im my bands' screamer.'
Quote by Dave Frenzy
i saw this title and thought about something that would be sensored in this forum.......

Ouch.
we need a designated My Chemical Romance hate thread lol

yes. make one please lol
Quote by Minkaro
Tell them that their mothers are also screamers.

Winner!
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
My chemical romance are fine. Let's not pretend we're above catchy tunes being appealing, yeah?

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by Confusius
Ouch.

you knew what i meant
Quote by Metalmarathon

Attic Green
My Band
What are you gonna say then?

"My throat hurts so I can't vocal for a while?"
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
I enjoy the irony of OP's 'verb the noun' username and the content of this thread.
I can take a road that'll see me through.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Eurgh so many scene fags on Facebook are pissing me off by referring to themselves as "screamers"

"Yeah I'm the screamer in a band"
"I'm just going to go off to do some screaming"
"My throat hurts so I can't scream for a while"

It really annoys me that they are rooted in this style of vocals that they cant even call themselves a "vocalist", it angers me. Also they post annoying status' about BMTH all the time

What does the pit think about "Screamers" ?

Why do people complain about people being annoying on facebook? It's the easiest ****ing thing to solve. Just put them on ignore or delete them as a friend.
I only like screamers in bed, and even then it can get a little annoying.
Hi, I'm Peter
If their throats hurt then just let em be.

It'll only be a matter before their voices are destroyed.

MC name = Bearrorism
Why would you want them to refer to themselves as vocalists? By calling themselves screamers they are giving an accurate description of what their role in the band is.
Screamers are fun.

Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Quote by daytripper75
Why would you want them to refer to themselves as vocalists? By calling themselves screamers they are giving an accurate description of what their role in the band is.

Rhythm guitarists dont call themselves "chordists"

But I guess it because these people have had no singing lessons or experience and go on about being "self taught" and are self-obsessed and arrogant. I don't advertise the fact I play guitar every status update on Facebook.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
It gets annoying in my opinion. I know at least 10 so called "screamers". Only one of them can do it well, but he encourages the scream noobs and tries to "teach" them
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
Quote by Scout1011
I enjoy the irony of OP's 'verb the noun' username and the content of this thread.

It's the name of an Avenged Sevenfold song, as much as people hate Avenged Sevenfold, M Shadows does not call himself a "screamer", he is a vocalist.

And also the Rapture is an apocalyptic biblical event, you can clearly try to end an event so it's not a silly name. Also it is a song name, NOT a band.

Last edited by EndTheRapture51 at Sep 21, 2010,
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
It aint good for yah.

This.

On a more meditative, note, who cares if they call themselves screamers? Who cares if they get a record deal from some Pop Rock label and start making millions of dollars by barely doing any work? Who cares if they'll have hundreds of thousands of female fans who would sell their unborn children to have sex with them?

I guess what I'm trying to say is: who cares what The Rock is cooking, you know?
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Rhythm guitarists dont call themselves "chordists"

But I guess it because these people have had no singing lessons or experience and go on about being "self taught" and are self-obsessed and arrogant. I don't advertise the fact I play guitar every status update on Facebook.

That's because they play guitar, thus they are guitarists. Plus "rhythm guitarist" tells you what they do.

Calling themselves screamers helps to distinguish the type of vocals they use. If someone says they are a screamer you automatically know what their vocals are like. If they just say they're a vocalist that could mean a lot of things. The fact that they have a term to distinguish themselves as a certain type of vocalist seems like a good idea actually.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
M Shadows is a vocalist.

olololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol

Screenshot this post and read it again two years from now.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
I personally don't give a flying fvck what people call their style of vocals.
Ignorance is bliss.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Quote by Jiggzy.UK
My chemical romance are fine. Let's not pretend we're above catchy tunes being appealing, yeah?

Catchy tunes are.
MCR are not.

OT: I can "scream" in the same way that metal vocalists do, I can also just about sing properly, I can play other instruments.
What does that make me?
I think it's sad that anyone should refer to themselves as a "screamer", it just hollows them out a nice little hole which they'll never get out of with a mentality like that.
My sister has a friend(s) that do screamo and it's pretty entertaining. I've never heard him say he was a "singer" and I appreciate that. Just two different things, whether or not one is more difficult, at least there's a category for it of it's own.

Quote by Jiggzy.UK

+1 for MCR
Last edited by BananaMartyr at Sep 21, 2010,
Quote by Firenze
olololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol

Screenshot this post and read it again two years from now.

I've liked A7X for 5 years, I don't think thats going to suddenly change in 2 years.

Page 1 of 3