So I keep looking up all these guitar style inventions, and all I hear in the comments are a bunch of bashing and bitching about how you should pick up a real guitar.

Of course nothing will ever beat a real guitar, but when it comes to something like a guitar synthesizer, or a guitar interface instrument, shouldn't you be at least grateful there's a new way for a guitarist to make music? Nothing is going to replace a guitar.
There were actually people crying about those stupid new paper jamz guitars. It sounds like shit. Do you really think it will replace a real guitar? Seriously?

You should at least be happy it's something that sounds remotely real for new people to learn guitar instead of some plastic barbie toy with fake plastic strings and buttons on the frets that say "ride the pony" or some shit.

So what do you think of this?

I'm talking about stuff like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ofeEqp_vA0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2eiP12hQQY
Last edited by Clay-man at Sep 21, 2010,
Lol, would like to see the "frets" firing up while the teaching guitar shows you how to play Cliffs of Dover.

Anyway, so what? Let people do what they want. Doesn't matter to me one bit if someone wants to have some cute toy to pass time.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
That Misa Digital Guitar looks really good and i actually want one.
What i think the elitists are missing is that is isnt a guitar, its just a midi controller in the shape of a guitar so guitarists can use it easily instead of learning how to use a conventional keyboard.
I think this video gives a better demo of what the Misa Guitar should and probably is used for.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3Zad5_eWVA&NR=1
No endeavour rivals science in its incremental progress towards a more complete understanding of the observable universe.
guitar players are technophobes.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Quote by Sammy2K7
What i think the elitists are missing is that is isnt a guitar, its just a midi controller in the shape of a guitar so guitarists can use it easily instead of learning how to use a conventional keyboard.
I think this video gives a better demo of what the Misa Guitar should and probably is used for.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3Zad5_eWVA&NR=1

Agreed.
It should be embraced as new ways for guitarists to make music imo.

I wonder if people did the same thing when the electric guitar was invented.
"PFFT USE A REAL ACOUSTIC GUITAR!"
Quote by Axim Bassist
nope! with out an actual guitar you are no better than a rapper making beats !

You're basically talking shit to every other instrument player that's not a guitarist.
I don't see anything wrong with it. It plays Day Tripper so it has too be good...

But seriously, if it can help somebody out to play, then fine. I myself would rather do it the way I did, with a real guitar. But if it helps, I don't see anything wrong with it.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
Quote by Clay-man
It should be embraced as new ways for guitarists to make music imo.

I wonder if people did the same thing when the electric guitar was invented.
"PFFT USE A REAL ACOUSTIC GUITAR!"

Exactly what I think, though the Misa Digital Guitar sounds worse than my Strat copy
It looks like a fun way to learn to me, but what I like about it is that it can be used as a midi controller, and for only 200 dollars too.

Quote by technoguyx
Exactly what I think, though the Misa Digital Guitar sounds worse than my Strat copy

Sounds like a synthesizer maybe running into a distortion effect.
Last edited by Clay-man at Sep 21, 2010,
Here's a basic rundown of their train of thought.

"WHY IS IT DIFFERENT? NO MORE DIFFERENT, I DO NOT LIKE DIFFERENT! DIFFERENT BAD! ME HATE DIFFERENT!"

They're basically the kind of people who, no matter how cool something is or if it's better for some things, are going to hate it and it's creator, because it's different. They're the same people who hated the telecaster when it came out because it wasn't hollow, the same people who hated Rock and Jazz when they came out because they weren't Classical, and the same people who hate a band once they take a stylistic change and claim they sold out. It's best to ignore them.

Also, am I the only one amazed Matthew Bellamy doesn't play one of those Misa guitars?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Sep 21, 2010,
Well I usually dislike things when they don't sound pleasing to me, not just because it's something that apparently I see competitive towards the real guitar itself. People are stupid if they think stuff like that will replace an electric guitar. We still have the classical guitars, we still have violins. There's not any synthesizer with a guitar sound patch that sounds as good as a real guitar, though can sound like a cool synthetic imitation.