Engl Blackmore 100w or VHT Pitbull 50cl???

Both are around the same price, Engl a little cheaper. I have heard both on you tube, but its youtube. The only one I have played was the VHT, but it was the 100w.

Not sure what the differences are between the 100w and the 50w aside from volume.

I play metal. looking for brutal tone.

Wich is better
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
The best thing to do would be to find both in a music store and compare them. Pick the one that you think sounds best. And a lot of amps have presets so you can adjust the tone.
I have yet to play those amps but judging from my engl fireball it has a great tone. Also I took it apart to change the tubes, the build quality is amazing.
i'd simply say there is a reason why alot of guitarists (hard rock and metal) use Mesa Boogie. case closed.
Quote by westley23j
i'd simply say there is a reason why alot of guitarists (hard rock and metal) use Mesa Boogie. case closed.

And a lot more use other amps.

Popular =/= good

Not that the Recto is a bad amp....it's one of my favourites.....but I can't stand the typical thrash metal tone you get from a JCM 800/900, esp the stuff likr early Metallica/Slayer.
Loads of artists use Marshall. Get what I mean?
well, i use blackmore. and its awesome. i havent played the other one though.

just saying that if you go with the blackmore, you'll never regret it.

and yes, mesa boogie is good, and used by alot of artists, but that doesnt mean that everyone should use MB.
i've only tried the 100 watt vht too... also not entirely sure what model it was. But it was one of the high-end ones.

I'd say the vht probably gets a bit more brootzy. The blackmore is really nice (it's probably my favourite of the cheaper engls), but it's got more of an 80s metal, hot rod marshall voicing. Some people think it does brootz fine, others don't, it's kind of a judgement call.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i've only tried the 100 watt vht too... also not entirely sure what model it was. But it was one of the high-end ones.

I'd say the vht probably gets a bit more brootzy. The blackmore is really nice (it's probably my favourite of the cheaper engls), but it's got more of an 80s metal, hot rod marshall voicing. Some people think it does brootz fine, others don't, it's kind of a judgement call.

+1 to what Dave said.

I absolutely love ENGL amps and they are definitely my favourite amp manufacturer however in this case I would probably take the VHT. It should do the brutalz better as Dave has said but it is absolutely essential that you try both of the amps out as both of them have quite unique voicings.

VHT's in particular are renound for that ultra dry tone that people either love or hate. If you tried the VHT and really liked it then I would get it. If not try out an ENGL Blackmore and see if you like that.

If you can, definitely test one, ENGL distributors are usually very helpful and I went to try an amp out recently with a band mate that the UK distributor arranged for me so you should have no problem with that.
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
Quote by Talentless
+1 to what Dave said.

I absolutely love ENGL amps and they are definitely my favourite amp manufacturer however in this case I would probably take the VHT. It should do the brutalz better as Dave has said but it is absolutely essential that you try both of the amps out as both of them have quite unique voicings.

VHT's in particular are renound for that ultra dry tone that people either love or hate. If you tried the VHT and really liked it then I would get it. If not try out an ENGL Blackmore and see if you like that.

yep, agreed with what you're saying too
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Ravenfaust
You have a 6505, don't you find that sufficient? :/

No its weak. I brought my peavey to a store. Hooked it up to the same cab as the VHT. Used a cheap guitar with some hz's. The VHT destroyed it. The VHT alone sounds better than my peavey with rack gear.

I do need to find a place I can try out the Engl.
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness