Hi, I'm a newby on here and am looking for help, I want to buy my hubby an amp for his birthday, he has a PRS electric and an Ibanez electo- accoustic, he has has a mike and is experimenting with recording, I have up to £200 to spend but don't want to **** up, please help <3
Blackstar Ht1r Is a small 1watt tube amp, price at andertons music is £199. Great for home recording.
xx
Does he not have an amp already? If he does £200 is better spent otherwhere.
If he does not, what type of music does he play?
what types of music does he mainly play?

do you share any walls with neighbours?

does it need to be used for both the electric and the electro-acoustic? does he already have an amp?

what PRS does he have, if you know? (not massively important, but some amps work better with single coils than humbuckers, and vice-versa)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Does he have a speaker cabinet to run an amp into, or does he need a combo with a speaker?
Quote by Minnie_moo
Hi, I'm a newby on here and am looking for help, I want to buy my hubby an amp for his birthday, he has a PRS electric and an Ibanez electo- accoustic, he has has a mike and is experimenting with recording, I have up to £200 to spend but don't want to **** up, please help <3

What kind of stuff does he play? Does he jam with a band/mates much?

I'd look at something like this personally:

http://www.dv247.com/computer-hardware/ik-multimedia-stealthpedal-audio-interface-wah-style-pedal--61540

Basically, it lets you plug your guitar into the computer and use it as a virtual amplifier with literally millions of tones. Also lets you record and jam over backing tracks really easily, and is studio-quality sound (the software's been used on a lot of major albums).

As long as your computer isn't ancient it'll work great, though you'll want some nice speakers or headphones to go with it.

Otherwise I'd look at getting a used Line6 Flextone like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LINE-6-Flextone-III-Plus-Guitar-Amplifier-Combo-/330473081430?pt=UK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL&hash=item4cf1bb0a56
thanks. Do you know what type of electric music he plays? Rock, blues, metal etc.?

I'm not too well up on electroacoustics (by that I mean I know nothing about them, lol), I'm not sure if there are too many of the cheaper amps (or indeed any amps) which are really designed to be used with both... Some of the cheaper modeller amps have acoustic models, but I'm not sure if it's designed to be used with an electro-acoustic, or whether it's just designed to make a normal electric guitar sound more like an acoustic.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?