I'm looking to get a 5W Tube amp for practice. The biggest hurdle to selection is that I require a headphone connection. After reading some reviews and looking around, I've narrowed it down to 2 contenders (Unless anyone can point me elsewhere):

Blackstar HT-5
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Blackstar-HT5-Series-5W-1x10-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=483559

Marshall Class 5
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-Class-5-5W-1x10-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=621064

The Bugera V5 was a thought, but I have read several times that it sounds like crap on anything but full volume. Maybe someone knows otherwise?

Is there anyone out there that owns one of these? I'd like some good/bad feedback on how they sound from some UG'ers.

I play a Fender Custom Telecaster FMT HH and occasionally use a Boss BD-2 pedal. Mainly play classic rock and blues.

Thanks in advance...
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
- Stephen F. Roberts
id go for the ht5 because the class 5 doesnt have a gain knob/2 channels
if you play at low volumes you cant get distortion(unless you use a pedal) and if you play at high volumes you cant get clean sounds.
on MF some reviews also mention reliability issues with the marshall...
Quote by philipk
id go for the ht5 because the class 5 doesnt have a gain knob/2 channels
if you play at low volumes you cant get distortion(unless you use a pedal) and if you play at high volumes you cant get clean sounds.

I'd go for the HT-5 for the same reason. Plus, the HT-5 comes in head+cab form for 20 quid extra, which i'd find much better.

Any particular reason for the "needed" headphone slot? We might be able to suggest amps that dont have one but overcome the problem anyway.
I have to have headphones because I live in a small house with wife and 2 kids. I work long hours and during Monday - Saturday, the only times I get for practice are late, usually around or after kids are in bed. On Sunday I don't need headphones

TY for the replies all!

EDIT: Becasue I couldn't spell...
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
- Stephen F. Roberts
Quote by bkmurff
I have to have headphones because I live in a small house with wife and 2 kids. I work long hours and during Monday - Saturday, the only times I get for practice are late, usually around or after kids are in bed. On Sunday I don't need headphones

TY for the replies all!

EDIT: Becasue I couldn't spell...

So, would you be alright with a very low power amp?
Something like the vox AC4TV can be switched between 4,1 and either 1/4 watt or 1/10 watt depending on the model (AC4TV - 1/4 watt, AC4TV8 and AC4TVmini - 1/10 watt) so wont wake the kids. Bearing in mind that when Andertons recorded a video with the blackstar HT-1, they said the volume was "pretty cranked" and was around a loud talking level, so 1/10 watt should be quiet enough. Plus, someone said that the vox ac4 has very little headroom (havent tried it out, so cant verify this) so you wont need to crank it.

So, if you consider really small wattage, you may find that you have a much wider range of amps.
Quote by minnis
So, would you be alright with a very low power amp?
Something like the vox AC4TV can be switched between 4,1 and either 1/4 watt or 1/10 watt depending on the model (AC4TV - 1/4 watt, AC4TV8 and AC4TVmini - 1/10 watt) so wont wake the kids. Bearing in mind that when Andertons recorded a video with the blackstar HT-1, they said the volume was "pretty cranked" and was around a loud talking level, so 1/10 watt should be quiet enough. Plus, someone said that the vox ac4 has very little headroom (havent tried it out, so cant verify this) so you wont need to crank it.

So, if you consider really small wattage, you may find that you have a much wider range of amps.

I will go research it, thanks. It would have to be pretty good, because I wasn't exaggerating on the smallness of my dwelling. We don't have mice because they felt to cramped and left...
- Stephen F. Roberts
This is the video of the HT-1, just to give you an idea of the volume when apparently cranked (2mins 30). (BTW, it also comes with a headphone out) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enaYgJesWeM&feature=player_embedded
Thus a 1/10 watt, or even the 1/4 watt AC4TV would be quiet. Just something to bear in mind

If you do decide that you want a small amp (even >1 watt) then there are loads more options.
I played the Marshall Class 5 the other day and was quite impressed despite its stripped down approach. I didn't even realize it had a headphone jack until I got home. Not bad for $300 new and I have not been impressed (otherwise) with anything Marshall has put out recently.

HT5 was cool too and more versatile.
Check out the Kustom Defender 5 watt head...I have some major GAS for one...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I have also owned a Blackstar ht-5 it's an absolutely incredible amp, it can get quite loud for your Sundays too.
My musical equipment.

Ibanez 1550m prestige (Tone zone, velvet, norton)
Fender Stratocaster extra hot rodded Mexican!
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
There's also the Vox AC4. I don't think it has a headphone jack, though.
Quote by Kensai
Hipster.

I have a name. It is Mitch.
Palomino v8 is the perfect amp for you, I have one as my practice amp and love it
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}