At the moment I have too many pedals to fit in my board yet all are important for my live performance. This got me thinking about whether I could run a couple pedals in the effects loop next to my amp rather than by my board beneath a monitor.

I normally run Tuner>Bad Horsie>Jemini/Wylde Overdrive>EQ>POG>Whammy>Small Stone>DD7 Delay>Rocktron Hush

Im thinking whether I can put my Hush noisegate pedal in the loop because its on all the time and wont need to change it. Will it affect my sound too much if I put an EQ in there as well. Also I hear people putting delay pedals in the loop. If so, how can I control it without having to go back to my amp to press it.

Any thoughts would be welcome, other than 'get a bigger pedlaboard!' lol

Thanks,

James
Thanks, How would I control the Small Stone without having to walk back to my amp, because it would only be used for certain parts of songs. Is this possible?
The idea of an effects loop is not that you can put a pedal in there that you don't need to operate. An effects loop is there to put effects between your preamp and poweramp.

You can physically put everything in your effects loop but normally, people put modulation and delay and reverb there because they think it sounds better.

You can control them via a midi-controlled true-bypass looper which are pretty expensive and take as much or more place as the pedals by themself.

Bottom line, get a bigger board.
Last edited by WtrPlyr at Sep 21, 2010,
Every setup is different. You need to experiment.
I run my EQ and my BBE Sonic Stomp in the loop. My feedback is worse than my amp hiss, so my noise gate needs to be in front of the amp - second to last in the chain - with my delay after it (so the gate does note prematurely chop the effects tail).
Wait, why would you put them there? That means you're going to have to leave them on all the time or run back and forth from amp to board. You could always make a smaller separate board and put your loop pedals on there and run it up front next to you.

But what Kyle said, maybe the Hush in there as well.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by romolo10
Thanks, How would I control the Small Stone without having to walk back to my amp, because it would only be used for certain parts of songs. Is this possible?

Just buy two cables and set up a 'loop board' next to your main one.
Ill have a mess around with it I think. I will probably only put my EQ and Hush pedal in the loop because I dont want to leave the phaser and delay on all the time.

Thanks for your help so far despite the 'bigger board' comment lol

By the way if anyone is undecided about whether or not an Ibanez Jemini pedal is actually good, IT ****ING SLAYS!
Last edited by romolo10 at Sep 21, 2010,