Hi Guys n Girls....

My first post here on the forum.... having spent ages browsing.
I wanted some advice on a future purchase really....
Im a beginner of about 10 months... started taking lessons in Germany last year.... whilst working away.
Not having lessons at the moment...though will start looking after my upcoming holiday...in Aberdeen where I am now.
Im looking for some direction on a good Amp... so Ill list my current gear and see what you think....

My guitars are a black Fame Stratocaster and my pride and joy a Gibson ES339 Antique Vintage Sunburst.....very nice!
At the mo my amps are a Peavey Vyper 15 and a Marshall MG15.
I keep one amp and one guitar at home and take one with me as I work away.
I play the ES339 through the peavey mostly.
The stuff I like is classic rock...ac/dc...rock n roll... blues stuff... but as a beginner like anything that helps me learn technique
I bought the Marshall so I could play at home.....but Im thinking that when finances are lined up I would like a good amp.... something that would be good with the Gibson. The Peavey Im happy to take to my workplaces....
Ok...so thats it....any help would be gratefully received...
Thanks!!!
What budget?
You may want to stick with what you have until you are sure you are commited to playing.

Although it is very sad to see such a fine guitar going through such a terrible amp.
Even though I am not a gibson fan myself.

For your type, I'd recommend a marshall, although the high-end ones are the ones that sound nice, Like the JCM800 or the JVH 410.
Both are pricey and loud, but wouldn't recommend any other marshalls.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
There are a long line of Fender amps at 40 watts that would be perfect for what you want to do. They're reliable, sound good at low volumes, and are the epitome of that American classic rock sound.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Ok Guys...
Budget..... not really sure....
I will save up and buy what is best. As I did with the ES339....
Its just that I could spend money and end up with not the ideal amp....
So was really looking for some direction and a target to aim for.
Quote by rooster456
There are a long line of Fender amps at 40 watts that would be perfect for what you want to do. They're reliable, sound good at low volumes, and are the epitome of that American classic rock sound.

Good Idea.
I give the same advice to absolutely everyone when it comes to purchases:

Go to the store and try things out.
Also, browse for suitable amps in your price range, and then read/watch reviews on what interests you.

Fender/Marshall/Vox are good choices for your style.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"