Hi UG,

I'm in the hunt for a new half stack and am intrigued by Krank. I know one guitarist from Suicide Silence and the old guitarist from Black Dahlia use Krank's. I was wondering if anyone knew which head they would most likely use for the heavy chugging/riffing that death metal involves? So pretty much, which Krank head is best for droptuned death metal?
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
never played a krank but i've heard good things about the krankenstein. I should check it out.
Gear:

-Gibson Les Paul 2008 standard
-MIA Fender sunburst
-Orange Rockerverb C
-Peavey Valveking 212
-Roland 30x
-Line 6 pod x3
^ Krankenstein is a good shout, personally im not a massive fan of Kranks. what other amps you looked into so far?? budget??
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
I have a 5150 212 combo. Just exploring my options here, getting a wide base to choose from. So the Krankenstein is the heaviest head they produce?
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
im pretty sure it is but im not an expert on krank. all i know is i played one and didnt like it that much
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Pretty sure the Krankenstein is the highest gain head made by Krank. Whether or not that constitutes "heaviest" is up to you. I've only ever Played the Rev Jr. models and they get plenty heavy for what I like to play. Can't comment on the Krankenstein though.