im looking for an echo/delay pedal becasue the echo on my am is cutting it anymore and I have no idea whats good. I would like something highly tweakable as I go from finger picking with slight reverby echo to absolute noise, acid, oh-my-god-the-sounds! rock.

edit, and budget is like 100 bucks, but if you know of some really good ones or some that can do amazing things that normal ones cant I'd be willing to spend more.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Last edited by the_perdestrian at Sep 21, 2010,
you're going to have trouble finding a delay for $50.

if you watch ebay for a while you might spot an ibanez de-7 or an arion (sad-1 i think) for around that.

there are a lot of amazing and unique delay options out there, but most will run you at least $150
I was looking for a delay pedal in that budget recently...it was down to the ibanez DE-7 and Boss DD-3. Ended up going with the boss.
I personally thing the Ibanez DE7 is a lot better than the Boss DD3. I would go for that.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
If you want something highly tweakable, save up a bit more and look for a used BOSS DD7. If you had a bigger budget, I'd suggest the EHX Memory Boy or the Eventide Timefactor, or possibly a Line 6 DL4.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
Line 6 DL4.

This is by far one of the best options, but don't they retail at like $200? Or is that a different model?

There's the Delta Labs DD1, it's not the actual Delta Labs of old, but they're alright for the price. Sturdy metal case, it says its true bypass but I doubt it, but they're also fairly cheap. They max at around 600ms though, so I don't know if that's crazy enough for you.

Boss delays are really really good too, though.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
Yeah, the tweakability is the problem with the cheaper delays. Although fantastic delays, they are kind of one sided IMO. I love my DD-20, I got it for $130 used. I'd recommend you save a tad bit. =\
Quote by slickerthnsleek
If you want something highly tweakable, save up a bit more and look for a used BOSS DD7. If you had a bigger budget, I'd suggest the EHX Memory Boy or the Eventide Timefactor, or possibly a Line 6 DL4.

how about a Strymon El Capistan while you're at it =p
On a $50 budget I'd recommend the DOD DFX9, you can find them for around $20.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
k so since 50 is too low a budget I guess I can boost it up some, try and keep it around 100
no sir away a papaya war is on