Page 1 of 4
Yeah yeah, you're supposed to "love" your parents, be thankful for them, etc., but do you LIKE your parents? Do you enjoy talking to them, or spending time around them?

Personally, I have to say "no." But describing why would make this too much like blog post, so I'll wait.

GO
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Yup.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Kinda, I dont mind talking to them for a while but sitting with them for hours is a no go.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
I do like my parents. They're very supportive. We're not the people who talk much or do anything together, though, but we get along.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I like spending time with my Mum yeah. Dad, not so much. I still love them both though.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Yeah, I do. A few years ago I couldn't stand being in the same room as them (especially my mom)

But now I'm more comfortable around them. I'm not sure why.
cat
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Kinda, I dont mind talking to them for a while but sitting with them for hours is a no go.

This. They're not my best friends but I do like them.

ok.so my guitar teacher is holding a class about a half hour away from here once a week.and he wanted me to teach some of the more basic students like a inturn.i never taught before and i thought this would be a good opprituneity.so my parents forbid me to go,why? because it would cost like 10 bucks in gas each week.what a joke.
then get this.so my mom bids on these storeage units that people didnt pay ther rent on,and then resells the stuff in them.....this woman spends 1000 dollars (one-thousand) on 3 units.each one of them only has a bunch of broken crappy furniture,mil-dew and everything covered on it.i would not buy this crap for a penny.what sense does that make? i cant go get this much needed experiance because its gonna cost a few bucks in cash but then they'l spend a thousand on worthless garbege? im very enraged.
My dad and I hang all the time, go to concerts and pubs. He's great. My mom and I don't get along so well, but that's a whole other issue all together. So, 50/50.
I don't have any parents, I was created from organs being thrown out of the window of a hospital into a pile of shit. Thanks to lightning, here I am.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
I can hang out with my dad, and we get on OK, but don't see each other much.

I see my mum all the time and manage to both hate her with a passion and love her.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Not so much my father, but I love spending time with my mother.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
My dad's a total dick to me sometimes, but I think he's cool. I'd say "maybe".
Quote by me_llamo_juan
ok.so my guitar teacher is holding a class about a half hour away from here once a week.and he wanted me to teach some of the more basic students like a inturn.i never taught before and i thought this would be a good opprituneity.so my parents forbid me to go,why? because it would cost like 10 bucks in gas each week.what a joke.
then get this.so my mom bids on these storeage units that people didnt pay ther rent on,and then resells the stuff in them.....this woman spends 1000 dollars (one-thousand) on 3 units.each one of them only has a bunch of broken crappy furniture,mil-dew and everything covered on it.i would not buy this crap for a penny.what sense does that make? i cant go get this much needed experiance because its gonna cost a few bucks in cash but then they'l spend a thousand on worthless garbege? im very enraged.

hahahaha i just was on that thread.
yeah i do. but my mom and i arent on speaking terms for the moment. she overreacts
Quote by slafoo
Lol I love the fact you use the word majestic to describe titties... it's as if there are hundreds of titties majestically frollocking in a meadow somewhere *drifts off*
Quote by guitarxo
Yeah, I do. A few years ago I couldn't stand being in the same room as them (especially my mom)

But now I'm more comfortable around them. I'm not sure why.

You grew up.
If they were my age I'd hang out with them. Especially my dad but that's probably because I'm a dude aswell. no reason to hate 'em. I think it's kinda strange to dislike your parents but I can imagine, I mean some people their parents are ****ed up.
Quote by me_llamo_juan

...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Yeah, I get on with my parents really well, we hang out and talk a lot, and go to gigs together.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Quote by monkey_dancer
Yeah, I get on with my parents really well, we hang out and talk a lot, and go to gigs together.

Me and my dad are going to see Jeff Beck in 2 weeks!
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Most of the time
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange PPC2x12 Cab Black
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
Quote by me_llamo_juan

Shoot them. With your shotgun.

OT: No, not really, we don't have any common interests.
Quote by Milesthedude
If you're havin' room problems I feel bad for you son,
I got 99 problems but a room ain't one.

Artist of the Month: Mic Righteous

Birmingham City FC

Carling Cup Winners 2011
Just my mom, my dad it's not a bad parent...he is just annoying.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Quote by Todd Hart
I like spending time with my Mum yeah. Dad, not so much. I still love them both though.

+1
The Internet: It's serious business
My dad tends to make lame jokes and act retarded...
But when he's being serious, I can have a good conversation with him.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
I do like my parents. They're supportive (and gladly not too supportive aka pressing). I don't mind sitting longer at table after dinner and talking about almost anything (politics, world, economy, finances, that stuff).

Quote by Casketcreep
My answer is no.

This too, I don't think I'd ever get to know them if they were my own age. Preferences lie in different places. I probably would think of them as nice people like most other people at school/uni.
Quote by Todd Hart

I smell Oedipus complex.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
I really like my parents. I can always talk to them about anything (though only if I want to, they'd never force me), and we have a lot in common. We've been to gigs together quite a few times.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
I like spending time with my parents, I could play catch, billiards, watch sports, go to sporting events, watch movies, etc. and just talk in general with my parents!
I love spending time with them! Yeah I have no life
STಠ_ಠ
My mum is a nice person to be around.

My Dad, however, is a rather unpleasant. His mannerisms and attitude are incredibly patronizing and annoying. Many people outside his family all say the same thing as we do: he is just a very frustrating person.
I love both my parents. I generally can talk to them about anything, and even though they hate the music I listen to, I can still get them to listen to it. Haha. But seriously, I enjoy going places with them, I enjoy being with them and I love going home to eat my mom's food.
Dad is cool. Hes very cool and supportive, espessially when I picked up the guitar. We also have a few things in common, particularly music. Its a shame I dont see him as much.

Mom is different story. My rant could change this into the hugging thread so ill just keep it brief. We dont get on, She doesnt understand me or listen to me, She wants what she thinks is best for me even when its not, she thinks she wants things her own way and I have no say, think she knows me so well, when she is miles off knowing who I am. I try everyday to be nice and build a bridge but all she does is annoy the hell out of me. It gets harder and harder most days to be okay with her.

long story short: I like dad but dont like mom as much as I want to.

Edit: and step-dad, really dont like him. He just annoys me, both present and how hes changed things before he was here
Quote by GezzyDiversion
Sadokun: Eating cardboard never tasted this good!

Quote by Otis Lee Crenshaw
Billy Ray Cyrus? Billy Ray Cyrus is about as f****** country as a bag of f****** wet mice, alright?
Last edited by Sadokun at Sep 21, 2010,
Meh, I don't know. We're not super close. I don't really relate to my mom, honestly I just can't take her anymore. I have a feeling she will definitely be senile at a younger age, it's really showing. But as selfish as it sounds, I don't know if I can deal with that. We've been disconnected for a looong time now even though I pretty much see her everyday, I just can't stand her presence. My dad and I get along as friends. But when he starts getting into the father side of thigns I can't be around him.

I mean, I love them because without them I wouldn't be alive. But we don't have any mutual connection like other people do. I just find it so awkward to have parents like that. The type of parents you can say anything to, talk about anything, that you can cry on their shoulder and help you back up; I just can't stand that. In my opinion that is wayyy to personal for them to be getting into that stuff. That whole image of a ''nuclear family'' is something that truly disgusts me and just makes every aspect of life so awkward and unnatrual. I'd prefer to be somewhere else right now, but due to many reasons I'm not there, I'm still waiting. I have to get out of here, I'm just waiting on the call to do so. I need to disconnect from all this and go where I belong, where I can have nothing to lose and do what I have to do. Family is just not a big thing for me. I don't expect people to understand, but this is how things are for me, and it's how I'd like it to stay if they can't get better towards my point of view.
I can get along with them pretty good, especially with my dad because we share interests in music and humour.
Yeah, I like my parents (although I think I like my mom more). My dad homebrews with me, we watch Seinfeld together. My mom and I have good conversations and she's just chill in general.

So, yes.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Page 1 of 4