A few days ago I received my Modified Fender Deluxe Reverb 65 Reissue from a seller on Ebay. It arrived in excellent condition with the tubes bubble wrapped and taped inside the amp. I'm quite pleased with the tone the amp produces with my Strat and PRS. It has a cannabis rex speaker and a switch added to the second input of the vibrato channel which bypasses the bright circuit.

For the review:

The amp is quite loud, I was actually worried about it being too quiet when I was amp shopping but it's hard to use in my dorm. I have to get that little half turn back to cut the volume that's common with a lot of Fenders that I have played. The amp was also retubed with NOS tubes so even though I had heard some complaints about the tonal quality it sounded excellent to me. The reverb is luscious and almost too strong. I usually leave it around 3. Cranked up to 10 it does a great surf tone though. The vibrato channel is excellent as well, very sensitive to the turns of the knob. I have yet to find an use for the vibrato on the amp but it's cool to play with.

It takes pedals, well the pedal I have, very well considering how cheap my pedal is. I'm able to get nice overdriven to fuzz and metal tones. Since I'm not able to crank the amp at all in my dorm, it's a must to be pedal friendly. I'm looking into getting some sort of replica blues breaker 1 or something of the sort.

I have three youtube videos miked with an SM57 with little post processing to show some of the samples of tones I can get out of this amp. The first is a heavy, bright fuzz and the second is the pure amp playing with the vibrato and reverb. I've also uploaded a third trying to play metal just for the hell of it.

fixed fuzz link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wbMktpagiU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMGxWXGgjwU

I've also uploaded a heavily overdriven solo to my profile. Gilmour DRRI Jam.

You can see the mod here:

Whole family, at college anyway

**I had a screwy version of this thread last night which has sense been deleted. I've done it right this time.**
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Last edited by Artemis Entreri at Sep 21, 2010,
Yeah, they are big. When I uploaded them they fit fine on the page but transferring them here blew them up. They look nice on a big monitor though.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
I posted in your thread last night, but might as well again. Is that fuzz tone from the DF7?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Awesome man!

HNGD!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Yeah I have an extremely tiny monitor, lol. To look across all of the UG homepage I have to use both the side and bottom scroll bars.
Quote by LaidBack
I posted in your thread last night, but might as well again. Is that fuzz tone from the DF7?

That thread had it's issues haha, I figured I'd make a prettier one. Yeah, it's straight DF-7.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Happy NAD!

Question: Is there a reason on plugging in a patch cable to the unused input jacks?
Gear
Fender Hotrod Deville 2x12
Fender MIM Strat | Epi Dot 335
Fulltone '69 mkii | Boss OD-1
'95 RAT2 | '78 IC Big Muff | DL4
Wow, that's a pretty sweet sounding fuzz....*interested*

ZeroChan, he might be jumping channels.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
what kind of taylor is that?

oh yeah and HNAD
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
535Q Crybaby>Fulltone OCD>Phase 90>EHX Big Muff>MXR Carbon Copy>EHX Holy Grail
You can call me Matt
To ZeroChan, I have the channels jumpered but you actually aren't hearing that on any of the demo tracks. I prefer to have it that way so I can stay plugged into the first input AND use both channels if I want without doing a lot of replugging.

To LaidBack, I'll sell it to you!!! I don't like this pedal very much....I don't think I would recommend it honestly. It does a lot but it's hard to dial in a good tone. I have kept it just so I don't have to buy a Rat, Muff, Tube Screamer and some other kind of heavy dist pedal.

To Seref, thank you! She's my precious.

Crzysnowborder, it's a 712 from 1998 with a red cedar top, east indian rosewood back and sides and an LR Baggs anthem pickup system. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1318953
that's the thread for it.

And again to Seref and all, I have fixed the first link.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Noice. Great catch HNAD!
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.