I was debating between these two guitars. I play metal bands that I am influenced by are Gojira, Strapping Young Lad, Mastodon, Baroness, etc...

What do you guys think?
I've always liked the feel of Schecters better, and I think you'll get more from them for your money.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Oh god, the Jackson SCREAMS Gojira. I basically love everything you have in musical tastes. Haha. Mastodon and Baroness are my favourites man.

But I'd go with the Jackson. I prefer the passives for those sounds.

It's also a fantastically versatile guitar.

I prefer meaty mahogany bodied guitars for Mastodon and Baroness stuff. I want an old Guild S-300. Or a Les Paul Standard. Or A Yamaha SG800 or something along those lines is great for that kind of music.

But, out of those. Jackson 100%.
jackson
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well I actually own both of these guitars and I have to say if you can only afford one guitar I would go with the Schecter Hellraiser. It has amazing EMG pickups and a slightly thicker neck which really helps my rhythm playing, along with the arched body top, instead of a flat guitar. However, Jackson in my opinion is the core essence of metal guitars and I love mine.
Like a flatter, skinnier (but slightly wider) neck? Jackson. Like a fatter neck? Schecter.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by Jaredmkl
Jackson, better neck

that is purley opinion, not fact -.-

if you have narrowed it down to these 2 guitars, it'd be best if you can go and try them both out, 2 different necks . . you might not like either of them
I also suggest the Schecter C-1 Blackjack ATX, pritty much exactly the same as the Hellraiser, but with Seymour Duncan Blackouts (better sounding than EMG imo), and a satin finish (on the black ones anyway), which plays rather a bit smoother than the gloss on the Hellraiser
Quote by Led Dirigible
Crickets have too much high end for my tastes. I prefer a nice beetle, lots of warm low end.

tl;dr put a beetle in your amp for superior toanz.

Guitars: Schecter C-1 Classic
Westfeild LP e4500
Amp: Vox AD15VT
Quote by Rapter-paul
that is purley opinion, not fact -.-

if you have narrowed it down to these 2 guitars, it'd be best if you can go and try them both out, 2 different necks . . you might not like either of them
I also suggest the Schecter C-1 Blackjack ATX, pritty much exactly the same as the Hellraiser, but with Seymour Duncan Blackouts (better sounding than EMG imo), and a satin finish (on the black ones anyway), which plays rather a bit smoother than the gloss on the Hellraiser

+1 I'd take a blackjack atx over a hellraiser any day. And its has ebony fretboard which is a plus. Blackouts are my favorite pups. But I love Jackson, the necks and the compound radius fretboard.
Ok so what I've heard so far which on would you guys choose the Jackson SLS3 or the Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1?

I guess whats the better bang for my buck? I plan on buying a Hughes and Kettner Coreblade tube amp.
LOVING my Blackjack ATX C-1 in white!

The better bang for your buck is DEFINITELY the Schecter. Also, the Blackouts will be a better fit IMHO for that style of music.
better bang for your buck with the schecter. i've actually heard that both companies are owned by the same dude. but in the end, its opinion. for that particular style i've metal, i'd get the schecter for sure but you never know.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.