n00b question time:

Can a Kahler Tremolo bridge be mounted onto a solid body guitar, or does it have to be routed first?

Thanks in advance.
I think your using the term solid body wrong. Solid body just means, it has a solid body (not an acoustic, acoustic electric, hollowbody, or semi-hollowbody). It has nothing to do with what bridge a guita has.

If a guitar is routed for a kahler, it can be mounted, if it's routed for another type of bridge, it can't.

You could always do this and route it. Kind of like this but backwards http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/tht1.htm

EDIT: I don't know much about tremelo sizes but IF a kahler is the same size as a FR, and the guitar is routed for a FR, then the kahler will fit.

I forget what mathematical rule this is but If a=b and b=c, then a=c.
Last edited by salgala2000 at Sep 21, 2010,
I have a Vintage Metal Axxe Reaper, with a solid body tune-o-matic on there already but I want to fit a tremolo system on it at some point, so I was wondering if I'd need to route out the body for the kind of trem I want or do they have a kahler bridge for solid bodies?
Quote by salgala2000
I forget what mathematical rule this is but If a=b and b=c, then a=c.

That's Pythagore's (don't know the name in english) theorem, wihch proves a triangle is rectangle. Nothing to do with bridges ...

So basically if the bridge you want to put in is bigger than the one you have, you'll probably have to route, yeah. Lookup the templates in Dave's link.
Quote by diminishedtobme
Wow TS you sure showed society. Watch it crumble as you slowly walk by.

Quote by sebastian_96
ACCORDING TO YOU!
*unnecessary guitar fills*
Quote by that guy Strife
That's Pythagore's (don't know the name in english) theorem, wihch proves a triangle is rectangle. Nothing to do with bridges ...

Well, the pythagorean theorem is a^2 + b^2 = c^2. He was just saying that if the bridge is the same size as a floyd rose, it will fit, because they would be basically the same.

At TS, you will have to get a guitar that is routed for it. Just because it's a solid body doesn't mean that it will automatically fit on.