Hey guys,

What i mean by the title is that i have a guitar with a floating bridge and it's a nightmare to switch tunings (d standard to drop c, nothing huge) so i'm debating getting a fixed bridge guitar so i can do this easily. However it only recently dawned on me that if i get another floating bridge the guitars can be in the 2 separate tunings and not have to change.

Thoughts on which would be better?
Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Joeseffel

Quote by smcstoronto1234

So very true...
Same budget either way? One fixed bridge at the same price of 2 floating-bridge equipped guitars will be much higher quality.

Do you need a floating bridge?

PMEdit: Just read, you already have one. Regardless, a floating bridge will add $100 or so in most cases. If you only use the floating bridge for one tuning keep it in that one, but if you need it for two fairly different tunings get a second floating.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
Last edited by Pink Muse at Sep 21, 2010,
If you don't have a fixed bridge guitar already, I would highly recommend getting one. Trem users such as ourselves should always have at least one fixed bridge guitar around, because if a string breaks on a trem guitar, it can be very time consuming to set right. There are a lot more advantages to having a fixed bridge around, but long story short you should get one if you don't already have one.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Pink Muse
Same budget either way? One fixed bridge at the same price of 2 floating-bridge equipped guitars will be much higher quality.

Do you need a floating bridge?

My bad, i missed some details there.

I have a floating bridge already. I'm going to buy one guitar only. same budget either way. some really nice guitars are only available with floyds, so i'd get one only if necessary. i'm wondering whether you think i should get a floyd and switch between that guitar and the one i already own or a fixed bridge and just change tunings on it, since i'm not really playing live right now.

EDIT: Offworld92, i was thinking that, but i thought i should get a second opinion from fellow players.
Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?

Quote by smcstoronto1234

So very true...
Last edited by WarriorArtist94 at Sep 21, 2010,
Or u could buy a digitech whammy pedal. It's pretty much a whammy bar but in the form of a pedal. Then there's also the new drop tune pedal. Pretty sure digitech also makes that too. Each of these should cost about $200- $299
Quote by malmsteensolo
Or u could buy a digitech whammy pedal. It's pretty much a whammy bar but in the form of a pedal. Then there's also the new drop tune pedal. Pretty sure digitech also makes that too. Each of these should cost about $200- $299

please read the original post again.

i'm doing D standard and Drop C. 5 strings are the same, the 6th switches between D and C. a whammy pedal won't work for this.
Quote by metaldood91

Quote by smcstoronto1234

So very true...
I would get a fixed for multiple tunings, and keep your guitar with the floating bridge in one tuning