Hi there. Im relatively new to UG, ive never posted a thread before but i need some help now. A couple of months ago i got a new guitar from my parents as a graduation gift. Its a decent guitar from Rondomusic.com and here is the link http://www.rondomusic.com/SR1STDBK.html i want to swap out all of the hardware and electronics for gold colored hardware. My question is regarding the bridge. The bridge is a Licensed Floyd Rose and it is single locking. You dont have to cut the ball ends off. I would like to replace it with a Gold colored floating trem. Ive looked online and found a good deal for a licensed gold floyd but it is the lo pro model. Will this bridge be able to drop right in? are there any other DOUBLE-locking floyd that would fit?
I'm inclined to say yes- if I remember right all Floyd Rose models swap with each other, licensed or not, double- or single-locking. If it's not an actual Floyd Rose they're in a world of hurt from a lawsuit, so I would take comfort in that.

Bear in mind though, that's still a budget guitar, so the cuts of wood are well sub-par. I think you'd be better off putting the upgrade money into a new guitar, especially if it'll come with gold hardware.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
You can check beyondeleven.com to see if they have what you are looking for.

To answer your question, I don't believe that they would just drop right in or function correctly. A lo-pro" is shaped slightly longer to help it lay flatter, thus being a lower profile. and this will require some extra routing to the body to allow for it's shape and proper functionability.

A double locking trem does fit the same as a non-locking trem. So, there should be no issues there!
Thanks much everyone! I know its a budget guitar im not going to go all out in upgrading it. I just want to change the bridge and nut , the volume and tone knobs, the pickup rings, and strap buttons. Overall it shouldnt cost too much.