So i'm on the verge of pulling the trigger on buying a vox ac30cc2. As of right now I own my self an epiphone Les paul custom... but soon i'm hoping to also buy an american standard tele, I have an idea on how the LP will sound through the vox but i was wondering if any of you experienced players know how a single coil guitar like a tele would sound through this vox box?

Thanks a ton!
Basically, a Tele and an AC30 is sex.

Lawl seriously though just listen to most any worship band (Hillsong, etc) or indie rock band and chances are that's what you're hearing.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Haha well actually I do play on a worship team myself, in a hillsong sort of style... but i do know that they use AC30's but im pretty sure none of them use tele's, but i also play a little blues, kind of like a john mayer, or SRV type of tone as well... lots of clean tones.
Listen to anything by Brad Paisley.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trJQbAR8-ys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0WcTWZOOMs

Not the CC2, but it shows the sound of a tele with an AC30 (the roundabout AC30 tone that is) in a relatively similar context you're after (sort of amped up blues, while these two examples are rather slide based).
Quote by mayermusic1
So i'm on the verge of pulling the trigger on buying a vox ac30cc2. As of right now I own my self an epiphone Les paul custom... but soon i'm hoping to also buy an american standard tele, I have an idea on how the LP will sound through the vox but i was wondering if any of you experienced players know how a single coil guitar like a tele would sound through this vox box?

Thanks a ton!

if you do end up getting it, put up a nice little review on here. I'm thinking about getting one myself. AC30CC2(X) or a Fender Twin Reverb. Thanks.
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
535Q Crybaby>Fulltone OCD>Phase 90>EHX Big Muff>MXR Carbon Copy>EHX Holy Grail
You can call me Matt
Quote by Darkflame
^it's actually my favorite band in the world, I took a plane just to see them play at the Stade de France last june

My high school did concerts every year, but we had to play french songs so i ended up covering them once or twice. ever listen to Exterio or Noir Désir?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Quote by Darkflame
^yeah of course I know these, I'm french myself =p
Exterio's not from France though, they're from Quebec, Canada =)

yeah, I know. My school got them to come to do a show for us and we got to open for them. They we're the coolest dudes I've ever met. I basically cop ym whole style from Loots
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
I've played a tele into an AC30 a lot. It's a good sound, but understandably isn't for everyone. Twang, jangle, and chime to the max. You can tame the highs if you tweak though. And actually, MortifiedLizard, the Hillsong United lead sound is a Gretsch into an 60s AC30 or a Goodsell. When you hear them, you are hearing a mixture of Les Pauls, Strats, Gretches into a mixture of AC30s, Goodsell mk33, 70s Fender Twin Reverb, Mesa Boogie Nomad 55 and Dual Rectifier, with a buttload of tubescreamer style pedals for the overdrive. A bit more varied than one said guitar into one kind of amp. They like to vary tones...LOL

Back on topic. If you play worship with that popular indie/rock ambient style but also like bluesy stuff, you should be just fine. A Les Paul, Fender MIA Tele, and AC30 should do just fine.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
Last edited by sg4ever at Sep 23, 2010,
@sg4ever So do you think a strat would be a better route for that hillsong worship style of music than a tele?
Honestly, I think they both sound fine for that style of music. I see their back-up guitarists sometimes brandish a tele in some live footage so it won't sound worse than a strat. Just as long as you have a single coil sound going into a Vox style amp, it should sound enough like it. If you intend on keeping the Epiphone or some humbucker equipped guitar, then you'll have all the bases covered. It really depends on what you prefer. Do you like a tele or a strat more? They both will sound equally 'good', just different as well.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
TC Electronic Nova Delay
Line 6 M5
I like Teles better for worship (I find the middle-position to be very useful and that doesn't come on a Strat), but Lincoln Brewster would say otherwise.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
^He speaks the truth. I too actually like Teles better for worship in general. And yes, Lincoln Brewster would say otherwise, then melt your face off.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
TC Electronic Nova Delay
Line 6 M5