so i wanna know where i can get mp3s to put on my page
firstly what are the uses of doing so and does it have to be mp3 format and if so what is copywirted and what isnt?
thx
The mp3's are supposed to be recordings of your own playing/production. Everything else belongs to someone else.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by FyreTiger2K
firstly what are the uses of doing so and does it have to be mp3 format and if so what is copywirted and what isnt?
thx

MP3s will allow other users to listen to your music, comment and rate etc. This will give you feedback on how to improve.

Yes, it has to be an MP3 file. There are lots of ways to convert other file types to MP3.

Copyrighted is anything that you didn't record. Basically, you can't upload anything that you didn't record.

Your own covers of songs are fine, but it can't be / include the original recording. If you want to record a cover, then try and find a backing track.

Hope this helps
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by FyreTiger2K
thx

Well you record your music that is your own or cover or back track...just make sure when you upload it that the cover song is credited a cover and copyrighted music is basically any music that you buy or downloaded that has copyrights to them. The uses for it is to get your playing and ect out there on the UG page (if you are paranoid about people stealing your riffs do not post it then) but most of the time people listen and give you honest feedback. My word of advice is to just only post your own playing and recordings on your Mp3 so you don't get in trouble.

Welcome to UG.
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011