I have Sony ACID Music Studio 8, and am planning on getting the Line 6 UX-8 Toneport with POD Farm and Toontracks Drumkit from Hell but am not completely sure if they're compatible. i keep looking at other forums online they don;t answer my question. i know i should be able to connect them with VST, but i've heard that POD Farm won't come through in some cases. Does anybody have a straight answer or anything that can help.
*Apophis*
protools is not the best, period. especially not the low end LE stuff. youve got a bunch of artificial limits put on what you can do. unless you are spending thousands on a hd setup, it is by no means the best.
Quote by jof1029
protools is not the best, period. especially not the low end LE stuff. youve got a bunch of artificial limits put on what you can do. unless you are spending thousands on a hd setup, it is by no means the best.

This I agree with. Sonar is an equally good program; it supports VSTs (Protools doesn't) and can interface with any hardware and it's a LOT cheaper ($500ish for the full producer addition, which comes with about 15 soft synth VSTs and a few plugins too).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
This I agree with. Sonar is an equally good program; it supports VSTs (Protools doesn't) and can interface with any hardware and it's a LOT cheaper ($500ish for the full producer addition, which comes with about 15 soft synth VSTs and a few plugins too).

Protools doesn't support VSTs? Yeah, get cakewalk.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Quote by eddiehimself
Protools doesn't support VSTs? Yeah, get cakewalk.

Well, it doesn't. There are various plug-ins that allow it to support VST's, otherwise it's RTAS on LE and RTAS and TDM on HD (Not that this is really a problem tbh, as so many plug-ins come in those formats).
I prefer Pro Tools over every other DAW I've used, allows me the best work flow, but that's personal opinion.
Have you tried getting it to work rather than just searching online?
no i haven't. i have a very limited budget so i haven't purchased the program yet and i haven't been able to try other programs either.
*Apophis*
and if The UX-8 with toneport isn;t best, would guitar rig 4 kontrol edition be a better buy?
*Apophis*
I don't know what you guys are on about but I use VSTs in Pro Tools everyday. Granted you need a wrapper but end result is still: VSTs in PT. Without a single problem for me in the past year at least.

Also I agree though that Pro Tools is probably NOT the best idea for someone barely just getting into recording.

Even though the GUI makes me want to stab my eyes and i find some workflow decisions questionable at best, I'd have to recommend REAPER. Cheap, does the job, no limits, can use with any interface.

IF I were you I'd get:

- Reaper
- Get the many GREAT and FREE VSTs amp sims out there (LePou, TSE, 8505, etc...) instead of POD Farm
- Get an interface like an M-Audio Fast Track like this one
- Get EZDrummer with Drumkit From Hell. CAREFUL though, you need to buy EZDrummer first then the expansion, as Drumkit From Hell is an add-on to it not a separate entity.

Should be good to go after that. Provided you already have monitors of course.
Professional Tracking, Mixing and Mastering available.
Available for live sound, consultation and rig/ system designing in and around the Montreal, CA area.
PM for details.

Past clients/ credits include: The Catalyst, Click! and Alain Caron.
Last edited by miguelito2729 at Sep 22, 2010,
and yet, no ones managed to answer his question

all 3 items are compatible. i have sony acid 7 and use DFH in it, i can promise you that the line 6 toneport willl get picked up and be compatible w/ acid. i believe someone posted a question a week or 2 ago asking about getting the levels right w/ their toneport in acid.

i use sony acid primarily as my DAW and it works fine. guitar rig 4 is pretty good but it takes some time messing with it to get a good tone (just like the line 6 stuff)

to the TS - try your hands on some of the stuff, download demos of what you want to try out and see what you think.
Last edited by z4twenny at Sep 22, 2010,