Some months ago i got myself a nice standard Gibson SG to use as my main guitar, and give my Epiphone Les Paul Standard a break... but damn! I cant get more frustrated with the SG (it has 498T (neck) and 490R (bridge)) , ANY RECOMMENDATION to make it sound like Les Paul?!
...You're joking... Right?

I swear you're joking. You're absolutely joking.

This thread is a joke.
buy aN LP then.

they are totally different guitars. Both visually and tonally.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
An SG will NEVER sound like a LesPaul. You want that sound? Sell the SG and the Epiphone and buy the real thing.
Quote by DanielPro21
No joke, dude. The SG is not versatile at all

I highly doubt that. I've been able to achieve great tones from the SG... You're not using those little knobs on your amp labeled "Bass/Low," "Mid," and "Treble/High," and in some cases "Presence" very well.
i personally think those pickups are garbage. I have them in my Gibson LP. The 498T Smoky Coils bridge pickup is AWFUL in my opinion-- VERY noisy, harsh and can't get a good clean tone out of a tube amp.
Quote by DanielPro21
No joke, dude. The SG is not versatile at all

Really now...

All guitars are versatility, Metal with a Tele, Jazz with an Caparison, I've heard it all.

It's the player/user that isn't.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Last edited by Kingyem0c0re at Sep 21, 2010,
Hmmm... maybe the SG is made with illegal wood? o-o
"Wipe ur lip, I see some ass on there..."

"A guitar is only good in the hands of a good guitarist...unless it's a REALLY sexy guitar..."
Quote by sashki
Put the SG's pickups into the Les Paul, just to see what happens.

This is actually a good idea... Again I dont' like those pickups, especially the 498T, and that might be your issue as well.
Quote by AkiraSpectrum
This is actually a good idea... Again I dont' like those pickups, especially the 498T, and that might be your issue as well.

Neither do I, but it's an option. There are several les pauls with 490 and 498 pickups. They're higher output and much darker than epiphone's stock pickups. Why not give it a try?
Quote by sashki
Put the SG's pickups into the Les Paul, just to see what happens.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
if you like the sound when you put the Epi's pickups into the Gibby then you'll know that you really don't like the pickups and not the guitar itself.