Poll: Which are you?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which are you?
Normal
10 24%
Abnormal
32 76%
Voters: 42.
What's normal? Can anyone define normal nowadays?
R.I.P. Jeb
07/31/08

FREEZER BURN s YELLOWFRIZBEE
When you're strange...
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
No one is normal, everyone have little weird things about them.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
We had a small quarrel about this in my Science class this morning. Everyone has their own weird things they do... No one is "normal."

EDIT: ^Wtf? You read my mind..
Abnormal? No.

But according to the people who live around here I'm going straight to Hell.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

i'm the only one who said normal? must i refer you to the semen food thread?
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
No such thing as normal. I suppose you could judge it based on how far an individual deviates from the societal norm, but no one fits the societal norm perfectly, anyway.

And if someone does, they're abnormal, because they are the only one.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
You're unique.

Just like everybody else.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Normal is probably the most useless word in the English language. I think that makes abnormal useless by extension too.

I've met God across his long walnut desk with his diplomas hanging on the wall behind him, and God asks me, "Why?" Why did I cause so much pain? Didn't I realize that each of us is a sacred, unique snowflake of special unique specialness? Can't I see how we're all manifestations of love? I look at God behind his desk, taking notes on a pad, but God's got this all wrong. We are not special. We are not crap or trash, either. We just are. We just are, and what happens just happens. And God says, "No, that's not right." Yeah. Well. Whatever. You can't teach God anything. ~Chuck Palahniuk
Last edited by cornmancer at Sep 21, 2010,
Quote by Gunpowder
No such thing as normal. I suppose you could judge it based on how far an individual deviates from the societal norm, but no one fits the societal norm perfectly, anyway.

And if someone does, they're abnormal, because they are the only one.

I believe knowledge has just been dropped on all our asses.
i'm the only one who said normal? must i refer you to the semen food thread?

LOL!

I woouldn't say I'm normal, at least not totally, but abnormal sounds like a psycho stalker or something IMO :/

There's

NEVER

enough

GAIN

Quote by Freezer Burn

If you're in the middle of that bell thingy. Gah I can't remember what it's called. Maybe someone else does?

edit: Like in this thing, the middle part
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8c/Standard_deviation_diagram.svg
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

Last edited by mcjosh at Sep 21, 2010,
Then again, people I know who are generally considered "abnormal" are actually just annoying as hell.
Quote by mcjosh
If you're in the middle of that bell thingy. Gah I can't remember what it's called. Maybe someone else does?

edit: Like in this thingy, the middle part

The mean? The average?
Quote by Freezer Burn

What's normal now, anyhow?
I'm abnormal because of my abs.

...they're normal.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Quote by angusfan16
I'm weird as fuck.

I think Im weirder, I can only pee in the shower or outside.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by jimmyled
What's normal now, anyhow?

My opinion:
"Normality" is judged by the expectations that society places on an individual. The more of these expectations you fit, the more "normal" you are. While theoretically there can be an "absolutely normal" person who does all of the common, expected things, this person may not actually exist.

For example, if a 14 year old goes to school, that's normal. If a 14 year old has already enrolled into university, that's abnormal. The same can be applied to most things.

Someone who enjoys football, beer and Led Zeppelin is more "normal" than someone who plays polo, brews his own Kvass and listens to irish jigs (on vinyl) backwards looking for satanic messages.
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
I think Im weirder, I can only pee in the shower or outside.

I enjoy doing both. Pee on houses, pee on fire hydrants, pee on dogs. It's all jolly good fun
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by Våd Hamster
iseewhatyoudidthere

Quote by sashki
My opinion:
"Normality" is judged by the expectations that society places on an individual. The more of these expectations you fit, the more "normal" you are. While theoretically there can be an "absolutely normal" person who does all of the common, expected things, this person may not actually exist.

For example, if a 14 year old goes to school, that's normal. If a 14 year old has already enrolled into university, that's abnormal. The same can be applied to most things.

Someone who enjoys football, beer and Led Zeppelin is more "normal" than someone who plays polo, brews his own Kvass and listens to irish jigs (on vinyl) backwards looking for satanic messages.

I meant this, but OK...
Last edited by jimmyled at Sep 21, 2010,
I'm a comfortable mix of both.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal