Hi guys. im looking for an amp to gig with. dont careif its solid state or tube, as long as it sounds good. preferably a 2x12, since thats what the other guitarist plays. play pretty much a bit of everything.
We need to know a lot more.

Bands you like the tone of?
Genres?
Budget?
Nearest Major City? (If you live in the US)
Willing to go used?
Current Gear?
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
i like iron maidens tone, metallicas, uhh disturbed, A7X, and like i said i play all genres, but id like it to have enough gain for metal. Budget WILL BE 600 dollars max. preferably not used. dont have the money at the moment.
Quote by bluejaydude
i like iron maidens tone, metallicas, uhh disturbed, A7X, and like i said i play all genres, but id like it to have enough gain for metal. Budget WILL BE 600 dollars max. preferably not used. dont have the money at the moment.

Will cleans be an issue?

Also, why not used? Going used opens you up to so many different type of amps.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Hmm, for that price range, there isn't much to suggest.

Peavey 6505+ 112 seems to be a safe bet at 599.99usd
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
^ I don't see what you're getting at TS. Prices aren't constant? What do you mean by that?

And most great amps for metal can be found USED for that budget if you look hard enough. You don't have too many options for 600 new that are able to do what you want.

A Bugera of some sort might be a viable option, but I don't know enough about them to recommend any one in particular.

EDIT: User above me suggested a good amp, but it's cleans aren't amazing.

2EDIT: That, and it's a combo 1x12 speaker amp. If you absolutely need a 2x12 (which I don't think is the case) it isn't what you want. Otherwise it's a good amp.
Last edited by CL/\SH at Sep 21, 2010,
^ With his price range, I don't think he is going to get an amp that is good in both departments.

I believe the Bugera 333x or whatever it is, is the same price, same tone, but better cleans? Could be a different Bugera that I am thinking of though.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
^ Pretty much.

No idea on the Bugera.

Another thing TS, that you might want to consider is that Bugera doesn't have the greatest reliability rep. There are a lot of people who can vouch for them, but others who've had horror stories just the same.
Used = Fluctuating range of price.

New = Constant price much higher than the range of the used price.
Bugera 6260, 6262, 333, or 333xl should do nicely. I don't know that many combos, but I don't care for the 6505+112 cleans.

EDIT: Bugera fixed their reliability issues years ago.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by Avedas
Used = Fluctuating range of price.

New = Constant price much higher than the range of the used price.

Yeah, but I don't see why that would stop TS from going used.

^ That seems to be the case, but hell if I know. Just letting TS know that They've had an iffy past.
I completely understand the issue with NOT wanting to buy used.
Unless you know your way around amps pretty well (some people can't bias their own amps) you almost have to add the cost of new tubes/bias to a used tube amp....Used SS MIGHT be OK, but it might be on it's last legs (wondered why I was getting such a "deal")
It's nice to know the complete history of your stuff. It's also nice to have a warranty just in case something isn't 100% when you get it.

For your budget, I recommend the Bugera 333XL. Very nice cleans, nice crunch channel, and enough gain on the lead channel for almost any metal situation.

Though I prefer the 6262, the 333XL is a bit more versatile...sounds like you need something very versatile.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
Last edited by Vinson at Sep 22, 2010,