Hello UG. I have quite an annoying situation on my hands which may be a bit lengthy/difficult to explain, but please bear with me. OK, so for starters the guitar in question is a Schecter Hellraiser C1 (6 String) with a Floyd Rose locking tremolo system. I got it approximately 2 years ago give or take. Now, not too long after I bought the beauty I began having problems with 1 or 2 strings. The problem being that the notorious G (3rd) string kept *popping* (not breaking) out from the bridge end. I didn't have the slightest clue as to why it would happen, but it kept reoccurring every time I would change strings. I have sometimes gone through SEVERAL replacement strings in an attempt to get one to stay. I believe the problem started around when I decided to learn some stuff in Drop C (CGCFAD) tuning. I went to guitar center, not exactly sure what to ask to get done. I explained the problem and the repair guy did a complete set up and string change and all. That cost $100 :\ The repair was a while ago, but I do remember the problem happening again after i changed strings, and once again, it happened today and I have finally had it with this issue. If anyone could please be of assistance, your help/suggestions/advice will be most appreciated. ~Thanks in advance! ~
Are you tightening the saddle screw/string lock screw good enough? Maybe you need a new saddle block if it's a bad one?
Schecter Omen 6FR
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Line 6 spider IV15
Yamaha F325
That is one possibility that I've considered. I do tighten it enough when I insert the string, not enough to damage it as far as I know, but tight enough to hold it. Thank you for the suggestions, I'm also just curious if anyone else has experienced this and what they've done, but I will definitely see if I should change it.
I actually just installed a FR in my ibanez, and it did this, Same tuning aswell, and this how i fixed it.

I loosed the block, then make sure ALOT of the string is going into the hole, before it was barley any. And tighten the hell out of it.
Guitars:
Schecter Omen Extreme FR w/ SD Blackouts AHB-2
Epi LP 100
Epi LP Special II

Amps:
Randall RG100 Head
carvin x100b head
Carvin x100b 412
Fender FM412 Cab
LOL! ^ Awesome, I'll try out your technique as soon as I get my hands on some new strings tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion =]
Quote by Reizoko
*bump*

Why teh bumpz?

Did what was suggested help at all?
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
When cutting the ball ends off the string, cut right up against the ball and leave the winding so that the saddle blocks have something to grip on to.
Also, take out the saddle block and inspect it. Make sure that it's not cracked or scored.
Nooo I'm not saying its not helpful, it's just that, well lets say it doesn't work. I just wanna have more info at hand rather than starting more threads xD. Besides, I didn't get to go buy the strings yet cuz I just woke up. (10:48AM here)
Quote by 667
When cutting the ball ends off the string, cut right up against the ball and leave the winding so that the saddle blocks have something to grip on to.
Also, take out the saddle block and inspect it. Make sure that it's not cracked or scored.

Ahhh, I will get to this ASAP as well =O Thanks for the tip!
When I first started messing with floyds, one problem I had was I couldn't tighten the string in the saddle enough. Turned out I was using a standard wrench instead of metric, so it wouldn't tighten nearly enough and the string would pop out. When I got a metric, all worked well.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)