Is there anyone whos played on one? all i can find sound for is the 1485s or 1486s, its on craigslist and i was wondering if its worth a look its from the 60s of course and is alright condition for it being near 50 years old. Im just wondering hows the sound
you caused me to double take. who asks about stuff like this here?

it's solid state, 150 watts. made by danolectro for sears. i have a fetish for these kinda amps (yes even SS ones), they are usually all head room and almost always like pedals (my 2 supros don't like pedals though, they don't even like humbuckers really).

i'd play it first though, it's an old ass amp. i am unsure if caps go bad on SS amps but it is an issue with tube ones. i own a 1968 acoustic 156, SS bass amp and it sounds great (i know that is not your amp, just wanna show that somewhat similar amps from that era still work).

i'd bring my guitar and pedals (and cab if you have one) and try it at dudes house before buying it. but i'd think you were one of the cool kids for getting one of these things, all taste man.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
i knew the basic parts that it was a danelectro for sears and that it was a solid state i just didnt know if they were any good since all the silvertones that are popular are different models but thanks im going to check it out and make sure its working
i have played sears and danelectro stuff from that era, just not that amp. like i said, most a really clean with no real breakup.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Look for the 1472 or 1482 if you're looking for something tube driven. I just finished repairing a 1482 for a guy and with a little tweaking here and there, those things are awesome.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.