Okay, so, who do you think is better? Dave Mustaine, or Kirk Hammett? Clifford Burton, Jason Newsted, or Robert Trujillo?
Dave Mustaine.
Cliff Burton.

Easy : )
If a pizza has a radius of "Z" and a height of "A" it has a volume of pi(z)(z)(a)
I hate him, but I'd say Hammet is better than Mustaine.

Well..I like megadeth riffs more, but metallica solos more. That being said, I don't think much of Hammet's solos in the first place. Petatonics and wah fails to impress me
What Nick said. I like Kirk better, but Dave is a better guitar player. No getting around that.
Last edited by 6o66y at Sep 21, 2010,
Dave mustaine, even though i like metallica's music alot more, mustaine ****ing destroys kirk hammet in every aspect, EXCEPT the mainstream appeal, but that's not just kirk doing that. Mustaine is a genious to me, i love his lyrics and his music, to bad he sounds like he's taking it up the ass and taking a shit at the same time when he sings :/ Are these threads even allowed?
well i think kirk suits better on metallica than dave. plus if dave was in metallica we wouldnt enjoy megadeth, just metallica.
i dont know you, but im happy having metallica and megadeth in my ipod.
cliff burton is way way waaaaaaaaayy better than any other bassist. only harris can fight with him.
I think Dave is an amazing riff writer but a poor lead guitar player in most cases. A lot of his solos except the My Last Words solo seem to have poor phrasing and just a lot of just really fast picking and randomness.

That being said I think Kirk has better phrasing especially when it comes to mellow solos like in the Fade to Black intro, but as someone else mentioned most of his solos are pentatonic which I might consider way too easy and cliche to use in metal music. Kirk also has his fair share of fast solos that really have no good phrasing to them and way too much whammy spasms and wah.

In conclusion I'd have to say neither Kirk nor Dave is better because they both have their own special abilities that the other can't do the same way. As for the bassists I think it's pretty obvious Cliff Burton was the best; being the original and bassist for their best set of album's however I do have to respect Jason Newsted for And Justic for All because that's probably my favorite album even though you can barely here the bass. But hey, in metal it's supposed to be all about the guitars right? haha
VEry easy. For question 1, the answer is Dave Mustaine. For no. 2 the answer is Cliff Burton.

ron666
Quote by Stringz of Fury
I think Dave is an amazing riff writer but a poor lead guitar player in most cases. A lot of his solos except the My Last Words solo seem to have poor phrasing and just a lot of just really fast picking and randomness.

That being said I think Kirk has better phrasing especially when it comes to mellow solos like in the Fade to Black intro, but as someone else mentioned most of his solos are pentatonic which I might consider way too easy and cliche to use in metal music. Kirk also has his fair share of fast solos that really have no good phrasing to them and way too much whammy spasms and wah.

In conclusion I'd have to say neither Kirk nor Dave is better because they both have their own special abilities that the other can't do the same way. As for the bassists I think it's pretty obvious Cliff Burton was the best; being the original and bassist for their best set of album's however I do have to respect Jason Newsted for And Justic for All because that's probably my favorite album even though you can barely here the bass. But hey, in metal it's supposed to be all about the guitars right? haha

The problem is that Kirk hasnt done a good solo since 91.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
1 - Wrong forum.

2 - The "No vs. thread" rule applies to all forums.

3 - The correct answers are Mustaine and Trujillo.

4 - Reported.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.