Alright, so, it's come to the time where I need a new amp to fit my needs. I've committed to a band, and so on and so forth. I'm saving up for an ENGL Powerball 2 (I'm also actually looking at a 6505+ combo, but thats a lingering idea, I've had my wallet and mind set on the Engl for awhile now) But until then, I need a decent little amp that can carry me over. One that is definitely loud enough for full band practice as well as small gigs (bars, backyards, etc, 500 people is an exaggerated maximum) not to mention assuming we have a PA, it doesn't need to be some 120watt tube amp Ill never crank. Another factor is money, I'm only willing to spend 200, especially since I'm saving up anyway, and have just bought a new guitar. I play thrash metal, but my band is primarily hard rock, ala van halen.

The only makers I've seen (atleast ones I could recognize) were Randall and Crate. I saw a few used randalls at 120watts that I could use, as well as lots of Crate GX's and A Crate Flexiwave or whatever. Does anyone have knowledge of these amps or can recommend anything else that'd fit my needs?

Someone also recommended a Peavey Vypyr, but I don't know how to work on modeling amps and therefore am a little sketchy, also tone wise I don't believe I care for the distortion, regardless, any recommendations will be tried out live as there are a multitude of music stores here that ill be demoing amps at. So, recommend away.

TL;DR NEED A NEW AMP FOR SMALL GIGS AND PRACTICE, ONLY WANT TO SPEND 200 BUCKS, USED GEAR RECOMMENDATIONS WELCOME, SAW SOME RANDALLS AND CRATES, ARE THEY GOOD?
At $200 it's difficult to find something really good, but always keep your eye out on Craigslist, you never know what might pop up.
You're definitely right about that. I'm not even looking for anything "really" good. Just basic and bareable until I have enough saved up for what I want. I've been scoping craigslist, thats where i found the randalls and crates