So I'm trying to get a pedalboard going and these are the (types of) pedals I want. I play metal, mostly metalcore. What are the best choices for each type of pedal listed.

EQ Pedals
Thinking of getting for tone (in loop): MXR 10 band or fish n chips. Is the 10 band worth it?
Thinking of getting for solo boost (in front of amp) Behringer or Fish N Chips

Overdrive
Thinking of getting: Zakk Wylde, Bad Monkey or Tubescreamer

Phaser
Thinking of getting: MXR Phase 90

A tuner Pedal
Thinking of getting: Planet Waves

A Flange Pedal
Have no Idea what to get (probably the last effect to obtain)

A Delay Pedal
Thinking of getting: MXR Carbon Copy

I don't want to spend a whole heap of money on these. 200 each max. Preferably cheap. Noise level of pedals that will be in front of the amp doesnt really matter a whole lot due to me having an ISP Decimator.

Do the pedals I have listed sound good for thier purpose? What would you reccomend for each pedal?
EQ Pedals
Thinking of getting for tone (in loop): MXR 10 band or fish n chips. Is the 10 band worth it?
Thinking of getting for solo boost (in front of amp) Behringer or Fish N Chips

I would stay away from the fish and chips if you're going to be gigging with it, unless you're going to leaveit on all the time and never stomp it on/off.

Overdrive
Thinking of getting: Zakk Wylde, Bad Monkey or Tubescreamer

If you want a fatter sound, go for the BM or the TS. if you just want more sustain and dirt without added colour, go for the Wylde OD. Some other good alternatives for a non coloured ODs are the Dano Transparent Od, the Way Huge Pork Loin, the Boss BD2 and the visual sounds Open Road OD.

good TS styled ODs like the BBE Green Screamer, the MXR GT-OD and the Jacques tube blower or vintage pro OD. the latter is nice because you can flip the "cascade" switch and you get the sound of two stacked TSs ala SRV.

Phaser
Thinking of getting: MXR Phase

no arguments here. don't get sucked in by the EVH 90, though. It doesn't sound that much better for the price.

A Flange Pedal
Have no Idea what to get (probably the last effect to obtain)

MXR's Flanger is, imo, the best mass produced flanger out there.

A Delay Pedal
Thinking of getting: MXR Carbon Copy

If you want ambient sound, this will do nicely. If you want clear Delays for stuff like playing against yourself, go digital like a Boss DD3.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Sep 21, 2010,
Do yourself a favor, get the GFS floor tuner, cost me 45usd after taxes, better than the tu-2 or tu-3 for more than half the price.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Levi79
So I'm trying to get a pedalboard going and these are the (types of) pedals I want. I play metal, mostly metalcore. What are the best choices for each type of pedal listed.

EQ Pedals
Thinking of getting for tone (in loop): Used 31 band rack EQ.
Thinking of getting for solo boost (in front of amp) used MXR 10 band EQ

Overdrive
sCream Cheese 2.0 OD

Phaser
Thinking of getting: MXR Phase 90

A tuner Pedal
Korg PitchBlack

A Flange Pedal
Do you even need this? haha EVH flange is good I hear

A Delay Pedal
Thinking of getting: MXR Carbon Copy..yes

I don't want to spend a whole heap of money on these. 200 each max. Preferably cheap. Noise level of pedals that will be in front of the amp doesnt really matter a whole lot due to me having an ISP Decimator.

Do the pedals I have listed sound good for thier purpose? What would you reccomend for each pedal?

I updated your list! haha Go used when you can; it'll save bunches!
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
Quote by chuckmehh
I updated your list! haha Go used when you can; it'll save bunches!

Oh trust me, I was planning on it haha. I buy all my guitar stuff used basically.
Everything in my sig. used.

But a 31 band EQ is pretty much out of the question. I'm not really into the whole rack gear thing and 31 bands would **** with my head. Seriously, I wouldn't know what to do.
Last edited by Levi79 at Sep 21, 2010,
For tuner look at the Sonic research Turbo Tuner, its a strobe though (if it means anything to you)

For delay, are you using it for soloing?
If so i reccomend a digital delay or a bright analog delay.
I think the DD-3 or Malekko 616 should work fine.
Quote by chuckmehh
EQ Pedals
Thinking of getting for tone (in loop): Used 31 band rack EQ.
Thinking of getting for solo boost (in front of amp) used MXR 10 band EQ

You do realise that a 31 band EQ is way overkill? you know how long it takes to tweak the sound? most of the bands won't do much, anyways.

Guitar specific EQ are made because they offer tonal shaping of the frequecies most suited to the guitar. 31 band EQs are made to balance the sound of dance halls and PAs.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by bogg808
For tuner look at the Sonic research Turbo Tuner, its a strobe though (if it means anything to you)

For delay, are you using it for soloing?
If so i reccomend a digital delay or a bright analog delay.
I think the DD-3 or Malekko 616 should work fine.

Well for now I'd just be using the delay for the clean and maybe some rhythm. I've never really tried using delay in a solo. I should try that out before I make a decision on a delay, although I do hear you cant go wrong with the carbon copy.
If you want to be able to do tap-tempo delays you can go wrong with the carbon copy. It's a nice sounding warm analgogue delay, but it's not big on features.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Instead of the Carbon Copy, look at the Malekko Ekko 616. It's similar, but imo better, I was looking at the CC until I heard about the 616
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals
I'm no metal player but a few months ago i was going to get an EQ pedal and I had my eyes set on the MXR 10 band EQ, than believe it or not I played the boss 7 band graphic equalizer and it made a DRAMATIC change to my tone... check it out it's worth your time, it's a bit cheaper too, which is always a plus.
Overdrive:
Tube Screamer

Flange:
MXR Flanger

EQ:
MXR Ten band EQ

Phaser:
MXR Phase 90

Tuner:
TC Poly Tune

Delay:
MXR Carbon Copy (analog)
TC Electronic Nova Delay (digital)
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?