i have been looking at this pedal and i wont to know if it would be good for tightening up heavly distorted guitar for metal music
What amp are you using?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
yeah, it should work just fine. keep the gain at about 9-11 o'clock, level maxed and tone to taste.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
You might take a look at a Bad Monkey.....
It works excellent for tightening up a heavily overdriven amp.

I use it with my Marshall DSL 100 or my Peavey Classic 30 and it really helps tighten up the palm mutes as well as helping achieve more gain and sustain.

Other pedals that work great for this:

Ibanez TS-9 or TS-808
Digitech Bad Monkey
Behringer T0800
Hardwire CM-2

Plus a ton of other tubescreamer type pedals.

Boss SD-1 is awesome cause it's only $40 brand new and sounds excellent. IMO of course.
I've got a modded SD-1. Talk about a seriously underrated pedal; even stock this thing sounds great.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
not as good as a maxon
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
I've had mine for 5 years and still love it. Though I have been kicking around the idea of sending modding it so it doesn't cut the low-end as much.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
sounds pretty good stock especially for the price but getting it modded really brings out its awsomeness. actually one mod you need to do is the one which stops the bypass bleed through. i forget the actual name but if you have the level up high, as you will if you are boosting, when the pedal is off you still get some of the effect bleeding through. it kinda makes me annoyed because i'm not using it for high gain so i can hear it pretty clearly, might not affect you though.