This sounds like it could be a pretty good metal amp (Referring to the head)
If I buy used and then get a cheap cab, do you think this might do a pretty good Thrash Metal tone? Budget is about $500 do you think the combo will get the same tones?
It's not meant for metal. it's more of a clean/mid-gain amp. Think led Zeppelin.

That's not to say it can't do metal...but to get in thrash territory, you'd need a boost pedal. And then it's only one channel.

I'd honestly recommend the Blackstar HT-5 for a low watt metal amp that can do thrash (very well) stock with no pedals.
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
Quote by Ironic Maiden
If I buy used and then get a cheap cab, do you think this might do a pretty good Thrash Metal tone? Budget is about $500 do you think the combo will get the same tones?

it really depends what you mean by thrash metal. what i consider thrash metal, that is metallica, and it could do it. would it be ideal, probably not. if you are looking for a high gain marshall tone, it could get it for you, and do a good job, but there other amps that would do it better.

if you want versatility while getting a high OD marshall tone, it would be the way to go, as it would do the fendery and voxy stuff decently too.

-------

my keyboard is messing up.., sorry for the bad post.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I might still look into it though, as it at least seems it does Led Zeppelin pretty well, and I may be able to afford a boost.

Thanks guys
It really isn't good for high gain imo. The rebel would be considerably better, if you could find one at that price
Quote by Ironic Maiden
I might still look into it though, as it at least seems it does Led Zeppelin pretty well, and I may be able to afford a boost.

Thanks guys

while it may not fit the bill for metal (it potentially could do metallica stuff dedently, its just that i don't play that so i don't know) it certainly is a great amp, especially if you need the flexibility.

if you are looking to buy one amp in the $300-600 price range that would sound the best while giving you the widest array of tones with out pedals, this would get my vote.

if you are looking for thrash only and don't care about anything else, this probably isn't the amp for you.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Ironic Maiden

I have seen marshall dsl combos and laney aor's in that price range, those should be pretty ideal